PDA

View Full Version : Just joined as searching for speakers...

swimman
12-11-2013, 04:53 AM
I built a new home and originally planned to use my existing tower speakers (not Ascends) in our bonus room (approx 23'x15'). However, when the built in unit was created, we overlooked the fact we would need room on one side of it to place the tower. Instead the built in goes right to the wall and the tower would need to sit in front of it which is not ideal.

So, I started researching bookshelf speakers as we have the room for those and keep coming back to Ascend. It's a toss up between the 340's and Sierra 1 nrt's. Then to complicate the matter, the Sierra 2's will be available at some point. Currently leaning toward the Sierra 1 nrt's with a possible upgrade to the 2's when available but as I'm the most impatient person in the world, need to make a decision soon.

The bonus room is mainly used by the kids but will be the main area for watching movies and listening to music. I have a Yamaha A3000 receiver running the show and am excited to get some new speakers but would like to hear any feedback (in addition to what I have already read on the forum as well as other places).

Glad to be here.