PDA

View Full Version : My New Ascend Bedroom System!

teach
09-18-2013, 10:48 AM
My wife and I got a new Panasonic Plasma 50 inch for the bedroom. I bought a Denon receiver and speakers were next. I did not want to run wires in the bedroom for rear surrounds so the plan was for a front right and left, a center and a subwoofer. I knew I was going to get the STF-1 from HSU Research subwoofer. In my living room system, I have the Ascend 340SE Center speaker for a long time which I run with fronts and surrounds by Boston Acoustics. The 340 is a fantastic center, the best I have ever heard, so I researched Asend choices for the bedroom. I ended up buying the CBM-170's for the front right and left and due to size, I decided to try the HTM-200 as the center speaker. Well, I I got it all set up two nights ago and I am simply stunned with how good the sound is. First, the 170's are simply stunning! My one concern was how the 200 would perform as the center, well, what a joy! My goal was to get very natural and very clear dialogue for the movies and this speaker is a total winner for a bedroom system. it is so good in fact that I am now thinking I just have to run the wires and out two 200's in the rear for surround! Along with the HSU Sub, I can not imagine a better system for our bedroom. The first two night ago was The Matrix for dialogue. Even in the midst of all the sound effects, even a whisper between the characters was clear to our ears. My wife said she heard things spoken that she had never heard before. Great! The other test was a live concert DVD of Jeff Beck, one of the truly best Master guitar players in the world. Well, the sound system put us right in the middle of the audience and we were AT THE CONCERT, it was THAT GOOD! There's my review, thanks to Dave and Dina! We are more than thrilled.

davef
09-23-2013, 11:09 PM
My wife and I got a new Panasonic Plasma 50 inch for the bedroom. I bought a Denon receiver and speakers were next. I did not want to run wires in the bedroom for rear surrounds so the plan was for a front right and left, a center and a subwoofer. I knew I was going to get the STF-1 from HSU Research subwoofer. In my living room system, I have the Ascend 340SE Center speaker for a long time which I run with fronts and surrounds by Boston Acoustics. The 340 is a fantastic center, the best I have ever heard, so I researched Asend choices for the bedroom. I ended up buying the CBM-170's for the front right and left and due to size, I decided to try the HTM-200 as the center speaker. Well, I I got it all set up two nights ago and I am simply stunned with how good the sound is. First, the 170's are simply stunning! My one concern was how the 200 would perform as the center, well, what a joy! My goal was to get very natural and very clear dialogue for the movies and this speaker is a total winner for a bedroom system. it is so good in fact that I am now thinking I just have to run the wires and out two 200's in the rear for surround! Along with the HSU Sub, I can not imagine a better system for our bedroom. The first two night ago was The Matrix for dialogue. Even in the midst of all the sound effects, even a whisper between the characters was clear to our ears. My wife said she heard things spoken that she had never heard before. Great! The other test was a live concert DVD of Jeff Beck, one of the truly best Master guitar players in the world. Well, the sound system put us right in the middle of the audience and we were AT THE CONCERT, it was THAT GOOD! There's my review, thanks to Dave and Dina! We are more than thrilled.

It was our pleasure and thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am very happy that you are enjoying the speakers :) BTW, I couldn't agree with you more regarding Jeff Beck!!