PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Northern Virginia area!!!

Lord Nikon
07-22-2013, 01:05 PM
My names Donny, a budget audiophile at best. :) I'd like to find someone in the area that can audition the new breed of speakers! I had a pair of CBM-170 mains and a CMT-340 center many moons ago before the SE versions were available. So I kept upgrading and such, new receiver etc. For some lame reason I decided to sell them off and buy Mirage Omni 250 floorstandings that I got a deal on.

I've had the Omni's for a very long time, and all the while missing my Ascends that I should never have sold! I recall the days when someone knocked on a door in a movie. My dog would get up barking and run to our door. I can't think of the last time she ever did that. Anyhow, later I found my Yamaha HTR-5760 receiver is the issue. I still have it, gonna replace soon.

It's time to get another set of Ascends and put the mistakes behind me. :)

davef
07-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi Lord Nikon,

Welcome back :)

Any luck with finding a demo?

Lord Nikon
07-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey Dave, glad to see your business continues to kick ass. :) Sadly no luck finding a demo in the area as of yet. :\ My plan is to get my wife back on board with buying some more Ascend speakers. She enjoyed the original CBM-170s pair we had prior to the purchase of the first generation CMT-340c's (the tweeter came off harsh to my ears at the time).

It's been since 2005 since I had them in my HT system, can you say withdraw? I hope one of these days here soon I get another pair of your speakers back in to my house.

davef
07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Hey Dave, glad to see your business continues to kick ass. :) Sadly no luck finding a demo in the area as of yet. :\ My plan is to get my wife back on board with buying some more Ascend speakers. She enjoyed the original CBM-170s pair we had prior to the purchase of the first generation CMT-340c's (the tweeter came off harsh to my ears at the time).

It's been since 2005 since I had them in my HT system, can you say withdraw? I hope one of these days here soon I get another pair of your speakers back in to my house.

Sorry to learn that you have not had any luck finding a local demo :( This forum only represents a very small sampling of our customer base but privacy laws prohibit us from giving out any customer info.

The newer SEAS tweeters in the 170/200/340 "SE" line of speakers are considerably smoother with less edge than the original Audax models we used in what are now considered as our "classic" line.

We look forward to having you as part of our family again :)