PDA

View Full Version : New from Pasadena

alan000
06-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi, I'm in the market for home theater/music speakers and I did a LOT of internet research when I stumbled onto Ascend and how much positive reviews they get from unbiased owners. Love the fact that they're made (with bamboo) in the USA! I think this is the brand I'm going with; I like Ascend's no-nonsense approach and lack of advertising. Was originally considering the Goldenear Tritons vs Magnepans...

Currently I have an old KEF surround setup, and I love their performance for their size, but I'm moving to a larger house soon, and now need some serious speakers... I'm considering the Sierra Towers (unsure if I need the RAAL upgrades) and Sierra Horizon Center with RAAL. My listening preference is about 40 music/40 television/20 movies. I want/need crystal clear dialogue in my setup. I'm not planning on surrounds yet, and I think the 3.1 setup will work for me for now. I also need help in selecting a sub to match.

Hopefully I will soon schedule a visit to the company HQ and demo some speakers and pick some up as well! Looking forward to speaking with Dave regarding his recommendations.

Cheers,

Alan

davef
06-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Hi Alan,

Welcome to our forum and I would be happy to speak with you anytime. Please feel free to give us a call at the office and we would also be happy to have you come and audition the Sierra Towers :)

Take care!

alan000
06-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Wow Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to post! I'm really impressed that you answer forum members' questions and drop by to greet newbies. I will definitely contact you around July and I hope to pick up some goodies with me before we permanently move to Fresno. I'm glad I currently live close enough to your office that I can audition your speakers and consult with you in person.

davef
07-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Wow Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to post! I'm really impressed that you answer forum members' questions and drop by to greet newbies. I will definitely contact you around July and I hope to pick up some goodies with me before we permanently move to Fresno. I'm glad I currently live close enough to your office that I can audition your speakers and consult with you in person.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the nice comments and we look forward to meeting you!

alan000
07-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I have a BIG favor to ask of any Ascend owners in the Pasadena/San Gabriel Valley area. With Ascend being out of stock on their ribbons currently, is there any owner who will allow me to demo their Sierra Towers (with dome or ribbon). I will bring beer/lunch!

Thanks,

Alan