PDA

View Full Version : F15HP - Sealed or Vented?

JLTJR
04-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I am adding a sub to my matte black NRT towers and horizon. I have an open floor plan house with wood floors and a rug. The room is untreated and the overall area is large. I want a matte black sub to match the towers but know the vented design, which comes in only oak or piano, will have more output for the area. The sealed comes in matte. The oak is a no go as my S/O does not like the wood grain. It will be used 80% HT and 20% music. If I get the sealed design, will I be sacrificing a lot in regards to HT and output, or do I just need to deal with the mismatch and go with the vented design in piano?? Does anyone have a F15HP that can give feedback? Has anyone heard both models? Are there any concerns of the F15HP (sealed) working too hard during a movie and going into "protection" vs the vented? Thank you in advance for the help.

Gov
04-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Vented based on your description of your room

JLTJR
04-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the input Gov

FirstReflect
04-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Based on the description of your room, I'd say the ported FV15HP is the sub you want! But ask both the folks at Rythmik and here at Ascend if a matte black finish is possible! It might cost several hundred dollars, but it should be doable :)