PDA

View Full Version : New Sierra-1 owner from Pittsburgh, PA

ADWhite
03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Hello Fellow Ascend fans/owners,

I spent well over 6 months listening, reading, and auditioning several standmount speaker brands until I came across the Sierra-1's. Ultimately, the combination of superb sound at an unbeatable price point was too overwhelming to pass up! I am expecting delivery of a new replacement pair (gloss expresso) to arrive on 3/28, as my original pair had a small imperfection on the finish. What I am most grateful for is a company that actually cares about it's customers and goes the extra mile to make sure that you're satisfied with your investment (i.e. - Dina is fantastic !!). I just ordered a pair of Sanus "UF30" 30-inch speaker stands to mount them, but I'm wondering if I should fill them w/sand for extra damping. Nevertheless, I am still amazed that it is still possible in this day and age that a company can manufacture a speaker this amazing for under $1k that can realistically compete with brands costing 2-4x more...simply stupifying:D.

davef
04-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Hello Fellow Ascend fans/owners,

I spent well over 6 months listening, reading, and auditioning several standmount speaker brands until I came across the Sierra-1's. Ultimately, the combination of superb sound at an unbeatable price point was too overwhelming to pass up! I am expecting delivery of a new replacement pair (gloss expresso) to arrive on 3/28, as my original pair had a small imperfection on the finish. What I am most grateful for is a company that actually cares about it's customers and goes the extra mile to make sure that you're satisfied with your investment (i.e. - Dina is fantastic !!). I just ordered a pair of Sanus "UF30" 30-inch speaker stands to mount them, but I'm wondering if I should fill them w/sand for extra damping. Nevertheless, I am still amazed that it is still possible in this day and age that a company can manufacture a speaker this amazing for under $1k that can realistically compete with brands costing 2-4x more...simply stupifying:D.

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, if at all possible -- I do recommend adding sand to the Sanus stands for damping.

BTW, we received that dinged speaker back and the only possibility I can think of as to how it got damaged like that was during packaging. I suspect that one speaker might have accidentally bumped into the other when our production line worker was placing them in the box. There is no possible way it would have passed our inspections with that ding :(

Glad to hear that you are enjoying them!!!

ADWhite
04-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, if at all possible -- I do recommend adding sand to the Sanus stands for damping.

BTW, we received that dinged speaker back and the only possibility I can think of as to how it got damaged like that was during packaging. I suspect that one speaker might have accidentally bumped into the other when our production line worker was placing them in the box. There is no possible way it would have passed our inspections with that ding :(

Glad to hear that you are enjoying them!!!

Thanks Dave, I was grateful that it was handled in a first rate manner - which further reinforced my feeling that I made the right purchase decision.

Now that I've had close to a full month of listening to the Sierra-1s, I am proud to say the this is by far the best speaker that I've ever owned...across the board...period. This is a tremendous accomplishment at this price point! Now, I'm listening to just about anything and everything I can get my hands on since there doesn't seem to be any music this speaker can't play with superb neutrality and clarity. These are nothing less than 2 finely tuned instruments. Thanks again Dave for just simply caring about the music...you're now a legend in my book, I mean that sincerely my friend:cool: