PDA

View Full Version : Superbit movies

mattepntr
08-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Amazon.com has a whole bunch of em. Anyone here own any of these?
Are they worth getting? Are they better? What's the story?

Rick

Ben_Wood
08-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Eddie my two favorite online DVD sources are www.amazon.com and www.deepdiscountdvd.com. Amazon has an incredible selection, quick shipping, and unbeatable customer service. Deep Discount usually has the lowest price and free shipping (although it is usually a bit slower). I have bought quite a number of DVDs from both of these companies and have never been disappointed.

Ben_Wood
08-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Eddie, both of the places I mentioned show they have MIB (superbit) in stock. DDD is about $5 cheaper than Amazon.

Ben_Wood
08-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Rick, thats a good question about the superbit releases. Just how much better are they than "regular" releases? Do you need an extremely high grade monitor to see the improvements? The first superbit release I recall seeing in the stores was "Panic Room".

BillS
08-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Eddie,

I own several DVD Superbit titles. I play them on my Panasonic RP-82 DVD player along with a Toshiba HiDef RPTV. I'm impressed with the video and audio qualities. Bottom line.... I can tell the difference between Superbit and Standard DVD movies on my setup.

Off Topic: Does anyone on this forum own or play D-VHS movies? I own a JVC D-VHS player and have a few D-VHS title (they're very expensive compared to DVD). Just wanted to poll others and get there opinions / comments....

Bill

Greetings from Central Florida!