PDA

View Full Version : Epik Legend $400

natetg57
10-11-2012, 03:48 AM
This is a little over a year old. I'm selling it so I can join the Rythmik club. It has good extension and sound quality, better IMO than the SVS PB10-NSD that it replaced. It is in very good condition and includes the original box. Clean, non-smoking home. Find it on Audiogon. I live near central Ohio and am willing to drive to meet or deliver.

jgebhardt13
04-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Hello - you still have that Epik Legend available?? I would love to help you get rid of that if you still have it. Thanks!
-Jesse
jesse.gebhardt@gmail.com

natetg57
04-01-2013, 03:38 PM
The sub is gone. Sorry I didn't edit my post. You're the first one to respond. Have you checked out Rythmik's new lower priced sub LV12?

jgebhardt13
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I havent yet, but I definitely will. I liked how the Legend has the dual opposed drivers to reduce vibration. Do you find that it makes much of a difference? My main concern is not pissing off the neighbors since I live in a townhome... I thought this might help, but if you dont think it makes much of a difference then I will definitely consider that new Rythmik sub.

Im guessing the opposing drivers that reduce box vibration isnt going to matter much if that thing is at a loud volume anyway...

Thanks

natetg57
04-01-2013, 06:31 PM
The sound quality was pretty good, but not as good as the Rythmik. I got a 15" DIY kit. I didn't like the bass boost built into the Legend. It can't be turned off and it sounded boomy in my room. Maybe something like this would help. http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_gramma/sound_isolation_gramma.asp

zogy
05-01-2013, 07:48 PM
The sound quality was pretty good, but not as good as the Rythmik. I got a 15" DIY kit. I didn't like the bass boost built into the Legend. It can't be turned off and it sounded boomy in my room. Maybe something like this would help. http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_gramma/sound_isolation_gramma.asp

How did that work out? Did you get it from Rythmik directly? I am thinking about DIY as well. I may even have a bow I can reuse. Just interested to know how the DIY work with the 15" Rythmik set up.
THX

natetg57
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
How did that work out? Did you get it from Rythmik directly? I am thinking about DIY as well. I may even have a bow I can reuse. Just interested to know how the DIY work with the 15" Rythmik set up.
THX

I like it. Sound quality is great for music and movies. If I did it again, I might have a local cabinet builder cut the blanks. My imprecise cutting cost me a lot of time in later sanding. I would also consider buying a box from parts express. I also got a mike and used REW to adjust the peq to lower a big 40hz peak in my room.