PDA

View Full Version : Intro and New Speakers

ozar
05-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Hello, fellow Ascend Acoustics owners! :)

Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I've recently purchased two CMT340 SE speakers for mains, another CMT340 for center channel, and four CBM170 speakers for surrounds.

After doing some research, I chose those speakers over the Arx, Hsu, and SVS options, so I'm hoping that it was a good choice. Unfortunately, I'm not in a situation where I can listen to each option to see what which one I like best, so I had to go on professional reviews and the personal experiences posted by others. I already have a pair of Hsu VTF-2 MK4 subwoofers that should blend in with very well with the Ascend speakers. These new speakers will be replacing some Polk Monitor 60 and Monitor 30 speakers which will be moved to a system in another room.

The new speakers are due to arrive tomorrow, so I will report back after they've been setup and I've played around with them a bit. I want to thank everyone at Ascend Acoustics for processing and shipping my order so quickly! :cool:

Dark Ranger
05-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi ozar!

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing with us. As a satisfied customer myself, I'm very happy that you were willing to give Ascend a chance. I won't spoil it for you, but let me say that you'll "notice a difference" between the new and the old. :p

Hopefully you can carve out enough time this weekend to enjoy the new speakers. :D

Have fun!

davef
05-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Hello, fellow Ascend Acoustics owners! :)

Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I've recently purchased two CMT340 SE speakers for mains, another CMT340 for center channel, and four CBM170 speakers for surrounds.

After doing some research, I chose those speakers over the Arx, Hsu, and SVS options, so I'm hoping that it was a good choice. Unfortunately, I'm not in a situation where I can listen to each option to see what which one I like best, so I had to go on professional reviews and the personal experiences posted by others. I already have a pair of Hsu VTF-2 MK4 subwoofers that should blend in with very well with the Ascend speakers. These new speakers will be replacing some Polk Monitor 60 and Monitor 30 speakers which will be moved to a system in another room.

The new speakers are due to arrive tomorrow, so I will report back after they've been setup and I've played around with them a bit. I want to thank everyone at Ascend Acoustics for processing and shipping my order so quickly! :cool:

Hi Ozar,

Welcome to our community and thank you so much for putting your confidence in our products :)

Enjoy!!!!