PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting level required to trigger auto on

shadow
01-13-2012, 06:33 AM
I listen to music a lot more now since I got my system setup even during the night when everyone else are sleeping. A new habit :D

I was just fine listening to quiet music with CBM170SE pair taking the full load but now since Rythmik F15 arrived I wanted to feel how that makes the difference.
However, it doesn't seems to turn on in auto mode (I didn't want to leave it on when I go to bed half asleep) while I'm listening with the volume down. It seems about -40db level is needed to trigger it on but that is a little too loud in the middle of the night.

Is there a way to adjust the triggering level? I can solder if needed.

curtis
01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
what you can try is turning down the gain on the sub's amp, and then turning up the level on the receiver's sub output.

STRONGBADF1
01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
+1 on Curtis' recommendation. Increase the signal strength to the sub and turn the subs volume control down to compensate.

shadow
01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you Curtis and Strongbadf1.

I'll try it tonight. I'll also look how my receiver has set the speakers.

shadow
01-16-2012, 06:12 AM
It worked!

I found out that my receiver set my F15 to -1db which made the subwoofer to turn on from auto mode at -43db receiver level. So I increased it to 5db (I like fast results from my experiments :D) and it was able to turn the subwoofer at -49db receiver level.

Thank you guys!

curtis
01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Glad it worked!