PDA

View Full Version : New CBM-170 Owner in FL

Carl
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Ordered a set of CBM-170's last night after reading all the good reviews. If all pans out, they'll be replacing some 20 year old Siefert Research speakers.

Carl

Jeff52
01-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Ordered a set of CBM-170's last night after reading all the good reviews. If all pans out, they'll be replacing some 20 year old Siefert Research speakers.

Carl

Congrats Carl and welcome to the Ascends community.
Cheers Jeff

Carl
01-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Well I wasn't to impressed with the CBM's after the first week or so and was thinking of returning them. I gave it some more time and I'm really liking them now. I'm not sure if I got used to their sound or the speakers sound changed but I'm glad I kept them.

curtis
01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
You became more accustomed to their accurate sound.

Can you offer a comparison to your old speakers?

Carl
01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Can you offer a comparison to your old speakers?

The CBM’s sound more coherent and pleasing to listen to while my old speakers have a more discombobulated sound to them. I’m also hearing more details in the CBM’s that aren’t being picked up in the Siefert’s. One of the things I really like a lot about the CMB’s is that I can listen for extended periods at moderate levels without my head and ears hurting.

curtis
01-25-2012, 11:34 AM
The CBM’s sound more coherent and pleasing to listen to while my old speakers have a more discombobulated sound to them. I’m also hearing more details in the CBM’s that aren’t being picked up in the Siefert’s. One of the things I really like a lot about the CMB’s is that I can listen for extended periods at moderate levels without my head and ears hurting.
That's great. Glad you are really enjoying them.

nohav
02-04-2012, 05:32 AM
I've been using 170s as surround speakers for the past few weeks, replacing 20yo Paradigm Atoms. I was alone watching a movie last night and practically jumped out of my skin when there was a loud knock on the door from "behind me" on the film. A huge difference in realism from my Atoms.

Enjoy yours!

Brad

Carl
02-09-2012, 09:17 AM
I've been using 170s as surround speakers for the past few weeks, replacing 20yo Paradigm Atoms. I was alone watching a movie last night and practically jumped out of my skin when there was a loud knock on the door from "behind me" on the film. A huge difference in realism from my Atoms.

Enjoy yours!

Brad

Yep - I went to answer the door the other night only to realize the sound was from my speakers.