PDA

View Full Version : I need some encouragement

tdercole
12-04-2011, 01:43 PM
I am still awaiting my fv12 and i keep finding reviews on the BIC America f12 and pl-200. Most of the reviews are favoring the BIC's becasue of the cost. Did i make the right choice with the Rythmik. I understand the servo technology and i purchased it mainly becuase all the positive feedback. Should i have saved my money and purchased two f-12's. Sorry if i affend any rythmik owners with this post, i just need to be shooken.

Mag_Neato
12-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Stick with the Rythmik. I have not heard the BIC offerings, but I own a Rythmik DS1200 servo sub. It has the deepest, tightest and most articulate bass I have had in any system of mine. The bass blends seamlessly with my Sierra-1 NrT's.

tdercole
12-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Yea i have sierra's also, the fv12 is a ported sub unlike your sealed.

Dark Ranger
12-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Disclaimer: I have not heard either the FV12 or the BIC models you reference.

Hi tdercole,

The folks here are pretty laid back. While I agree with Mag_Neato, I think it’s important to understand what you’re looking for in a subwoofer, as well as your listening preferences and room size. You may be aware that two subs are better (in general) than a single sub. Advantages include load balancing and smoothing out typical problems with room acoustics (standing waves, etc.). However, all the load balancing in the world cannot correct a fundamental problem with sound quality. In other words, if the sub does not provide the desired sound quality (at any price), it’s an exercise in futility.

I am admittedly bias (I have a Rythmik on order), but I think you owe it to yourself to demo the Rythmik FV12. If I was looking for a sub in the $500 range, the FV12 would be on my short list. However, if you are still very interested in the BIC America F12, check out Amazon’s sale price right now. They have decent return policies as well. Try both the Rythmik and the BIC subs for a week or two. Send back the one you don’t care for. It may help to ease any anxiety for this purchase. It’s your call.

With all of that said, the FV12 offers you servo performance at a great price. It is a very capable system and I think you may be surprised with its performance.

tdercole
12-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Thank you Dark Ranger, i am sure that i will be happy with the rythmik, I would much rather support Ascend and Rythmik due to the fact of how friendly they are.

DougMac
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
The rhythmiks are just an entirely different class than the BICS. The BICs are a good $200 subwoofer, but they are still a $200 subwoofer.

You did right getting rhythmiks. I wish you would order the BIC and compare. I think it would be interesting reading.