PDA

View Full Version : Shaq to Miami is a done deal.

curtis
07-14-2004, 08:45 AM
I think it was dumb from the beginning to let Kobe dictate the actions. He will not make more money anywhere else in LA. You can build a championship team around Shaq.

Granted, Shaq may not be around as long, but letting Kobe dictate what happenned to Phil Jackson, and to Shaq, shows a weakness on the part of the Lakers.

-curtis

bikeman
07-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Miami is trading some very good players for a franchise player. A franchise player can get you where you want to go in a hurry. Very good players can't do that. Will the Heat regret this trade in three years? Not if they hang a banner in the next year or two. Sure gonna make the East a lot more interesting next winter.
I'm glad Rudy T. is getting all that money. It'll make all that losing more tolerable. :->

David

Quinn
07-15-2004, 04:49 AM
"I'm glad Rudy T. is getting all that money. It'll make all that losing more tolerable."

bikeman still bitter about losing in 95(?) when the Suns were up 3 games to 0? Didn't you get your revenge when the Rockets got Barkley?

I think Bikeman hit it right on. Miami w/ Shaq better for right now. Lakers did better for the long term.

I'm guessing at this point Kobe's ego is going to make him beleive the grass is greener on the other side and go to the Clippers. But, as I've said before with his off the court problems costing him his endorsement deals only the Laker can pay him enough to make up some of that. I guess I'm staddling the fence and see reasons that he could go with either team.

I can't wait for Shaq to tell all now that he isn't with the Lakers.

Quinn
07-15-2004, 06:11 AM
[:D]

curtis
07-15-2004, 06:20 AM
I had a high school friend that played for Cal, Dave Butler, is brother Greg played for Stanford. One season Greg backed-up Ewing with the Knicks. I think the next season, Greg went to the Clippers.

Anyways, we all communicated through our local barber...the barber is a local sports nut...high school, college, and pro. Anyways, I heard from the barber and Dave Butler, that Greg believes the Clippers are grounded in mediocrity by thier owner.

-curtis

curtis
07-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Well....looks like Kobe is going to stay with the Lakers.

-curtis

bikeman
07-15-2004, 08:46 AM
I thought Colorado still had an option on Kobe for say, 30 years? [:D]

David

curtis
07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeah....he'd really be taking it in the rear with that team. [:D][:D]

-curtis