PDA

View Full Version : Soon to Join the Ascend Family

QuackAttack
09-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Hello,

Heard of Ascend thru the other main forums, the shack, AVS etc... Glad I did everything I have heard about Customer service has been fantastic:) Dave is really "Top Notch"

Was debating on what to go with and have decided on the 340 L/R/C, the 200's for surrounds and the HSU STF-2 sub. This will be my first "real" speakers and I can't wait. Unfortunately I will have to wait until the end of the year to hear them, I'm currently on deployment in the Navy but will have them waiting for me when I return:D

Still deciding on a reciever to push them. Debating between the Onkyo-609, Denon 2112, and the 709 if I can push my budget, may wait on the sub to get the 709. opinions welcom;)

Soon to be proud owner!

JustaSheep
09-22-2011, 07:27 AM
First off, Thank you for your service, QuackAttack. I am amazed and humbled by the selflessness of our military personal. It's because of men and women like you that we are even able to enjoy such a hobby. Thank you for your sacrifice.

As for Ascend, I think you've made a good choice. If quality and service is your number one concern, you're in the right place. I just received my Sierra Towers last night and the whole experience has been a pleasure. There are many knowledgeable people here (not me) who will help you along the way and an active forum like this tells you a lot about those involved with Ascend and the satisfaction of their customers.

I just got an Onkyo 809 (my first Onkyo) and really like it. It is feature rich and the sound is an improvement over my much older Denon. This is not at all a knock against Denon, it was an older lower level model...not an apples to apples comparison.

I can't say much about the bookshelves you are looking at yet, but I will be ordering some myself to fill out the surround sound setup.

QuackAttack
09-22-2011, 03:53 PM
First off, Thank you for your service, QuackAttack. I am amazed and humbled by the selflessness of our military personal. It's because of men and women like you that we are even able to enjoy such a hobby. Thank you for your sacrifice.

As for Ascend, I think you've made a good choice. If quality and service is your number one concern, you're in the right place. I just received my Sierra Towers last night and the whole experience has been a pleasure. There are many knowledgeable people here (not me) who will help you along the way and an active forum like this tells you a lot about those involved with Ascend and the satisfaction of their customers.

I just got an Onkyo 809 (my first Onkyo) and really like it. It is feature rich and the sound is an improvement over my much older Denon. This is not at all a knock against Denon, it was an older lower level model...not an apples to apples comparison.

I can't say much about the bookshelves you are looking at yet, but I will be ordering some myself to fill out the surround sound setup.

Thanks Justasheep, I aprreciate it:)