PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 2

JohnnyCasaba
07-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Mag,

Saw it yesterday, may even be better than the first movie. Good story for a blockbuster action flick, if he saw the first one, don't remember anything he could/should not see in this one.

Mag_Neato
07-01-2004, 05:56 AM
He still does not like the scene where the Green Goblin was dressed as a woman in the burning building. He covers his eyes until after Gobby turns around shrieking. The scene where Gobby crashes through Aunt May's bedroom bothers him as well as the scene where Peter awakes at the hospital as Gobby lunges at the viewer growling. Certain images will give him nightmares and cause him to awake terrified in the middle of the night. He LOVED LOTR though, and never had a problem with that series.

Ed

JohnnyCasaba
07-01-2004, 07:00 AM
Hmmm, then maybe some of the scenes with Doc Oc may be to much for him. Although he is not in a costume like the Goblin.

Mag_Neato
07-01-2004, 10:47 PM
I figured there would be things that startle the viewer, but as long as there's no swearing or sex I think it will be alright. It is hard to tell what things his mind will fixate on. The original Batman movie was on tv one afternoon, and he was bothered that night because Batman killed the Joker.....you just never know.

Ed

graphicguy
07-13-2004, 12:11 AM
My 18 year old son took me to see SM2. I'm not a huge fan of the comic book turned movie genre, but I was very impressed with this movie. Being that my work is i the virtual reality/3D computer graphics field, I sit on the periphery of what some of the special effects efforts take to make what you see on the screen look real.

Forget the 2nd Star Wars series. This "trumps" whatever Spielberg or Lucas has ever done, by a large margin....no "phony" looking CG in this one. You can tell it was painstakingly created and assembled.

It "bests" any live action combined with CG I've ever seen.

The plot of the movie was more to my liking, too. Clearly, there's going to be a Spidey3 movie with the way they ended 2. But, there wasn't the total "loose ends" script that usually is a mainstay of the "middle" installments of these types of franchises. They tied up a lot of loose ends in this one. In fact, this movie could easily stand on its own.

Taking a 9 year old....hmmmmm? I'm of the belief that as long as a parent explains its just a movie and not real life, there isn't anything here that should upset a youngun'. That said, it's been a long time since my son was 9 years old, too. I have to believe he would have gotten a charge out of it if he was 9 or 10. He certainly did at age 18.

Sony WE610 60" LCD RPTV
Pioneer Elite 59TXi AVR
Pioneer Elite 59AVi Universal DVD player
CBM 170 Front L/R
CBM 340c Center
HTM 200s Rear L/R and rear surround (6.1)
HSU VTF-3
Monster THX certified interconnects
DIY speaker cable (that's better than anyhing I can purchase elsewhere)

Mag_Neato
07-13-2004, 10:20 PM
My son is lobbying real hard to see this, so I may have to bite the bullet this weekend!

Ed

Mag_Neato
07-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Just saw it yesterday with my son.....WOW! Highly recommended. My son covered his eyes for some of the "Surprise" scenes, but was fine. Great story and action sequences. The bass from Doc Oc climbing the building shook the theatre fairly well...can't wait for the DVD!!

Ed

Ben_Wood
07-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Its one of those rare movies where the sequel is just as good as the original.