PDA

View Full Version : Hope tp be an Ascends Family man.

Jeff52
11-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Hello to all,
New to site and glad to be here. I'm considering three 340's for the front stage and mains pedestal stands to replace Athena F2's, good move? I do a lot of stereo listening and read the 340's excell here, I believe that if a loudspeaker is good in two channel mode they should be equally effective in a HT setup. Sources include a PS3 Slim, Panny BD-85, Rotel CD player and Sota Sapphire table. I have an Onkyo receiver with mains preout to an external amp to drive the 340's. I am somewhat hesitant because of all the excellent user reviews of the Sierra's, I don't want to feel short changed with the 340's and feel regretfull with not purchasing the Sierra's. Convince me guys that the 340 purchase will not dissappoint and make me wish I went with the Sierra's, forget to add the 340's will be crossed over to an Epik sub. Thanks to all who took the time to read this and hopefully respond.
With best regards, Jeff

hardimen123
11-18-2010, 07:49 AM
I was also considering the 340s but the recertified Sierra-1s at $688 a pair is too hard to pass up. It's only $120 more than the 340s and IMHO it is an exceptional deal. I would never had considered the Sierras at their regular price because it is way beyond my budget but as fate would have it, I got 2 Sierra fronts and 1 center (recertified) and liked them so much I got another pair to complete my 5.1 setup.

my 2 cents,
Chris

Jeff52
11-18-2010, 02:31 PM
I was also considering the 340s but the recertified Sierra-1s at $688 a pair is too hard to pass up. It's only $120 more than the 340s and IMHO it is an exceptional deal. I would never had considered the Sierras at their regular price because it is way beyond my budget but as fate would have it, I got 2 Sierra fronts and 1 center (recertified) and liked them so much I got another pair to complete my 5.1 setup.

my 2 cents,
Chris

Thanks Chris for sharing your thoughts
Jeff