PDA

View Full Version : magnetic shielding

andydmd
11-16-2010, 12:10 PM
I am finally updating my audio system after 15 years and will likely include one of the rythmik subwoofers. I think the D15Se is my best bet (downward firing seems to be most likely to survive my toddler son). Is this model (or any of the SWs) magnetically shielded? The sub will have to be placed right near a couch and I don't want anyone placing a laptop on it and having it wipe a hard drive. I'm also trying to minimize EMF exposure to my son (I know, maybe a little paranoid here). Thanks so much

davef
11-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I am finally updating my audio system after 15 years and will likely include one of the rythmik subwoofers. I think the D15Se is my best bet (downward firing seems to be most likely to survive my toddler son). Is this model (or any of the SWs) magnetically shielded? The sub will have to be placed right near a couch and I don't want anyone placing a laptop on it and having it wipe a hard drive. I'm also trying to minimize EMF exposure to my son (I know, maybe a little paranoid here). Thanks so much

Hi Andy,

None of the Rythmik subwoofers are magnetically shielded, very few subwoofers are... That being said, it takes about 5000 gauss to cause any data loss to a hard drive. I just measured less than 100 gauss with a calibrated gauss meter placed directly on top of a Rythmik subwoofer. In other words, there is no reason to be concerned at all :)