PDA

View Full Version : New sub for small media room

bbtnt
11-06-2010, 07:52 AM
In the past year I have moved my home theater into a small bedroom of about 1000 cubic feet. I currently am running a SVS pc20-39+ sub with ACI sapphire xl speaks. The sub is also equalized by a SVS as-eq1. I listen to music in this room about 75% of the time.

I am thinking about moving my current sub back to the living area and replacing with a sealed Rythmik sub. My question is which sub. I listen to music around -15 to reference and around -5 for HT. For a small media room should I get the F12 or F15? If I get the F15 which amp the 370 or 600 watt?

Too_Blue
11-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I'd get this one!

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F25.html

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/avsforum/F25_raw.jpg

Overkill? What's that? :D

bbtnt
11-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I think the sub may fit in the room, but where am I going to sit?:D

Too_Blue
11-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Lol.

I was going to go with Sierra-1's and a Rythmik F-15 in my 1700 cu ft living room for a two channel system. But now I've decided to wait for the towers and will probably go the F-25 route. My wife doesn't want two subs in there. Okay then... ;)

I'll have to wait and save some more, but it'll be worth it.

In your situation, I'd get the F-15 370 PEQ. More than enough to rattle your walls, and not even be breaking a sweat, like, Is that all you've got?

Don't know for sure if it's true, but I've read that one F-15 has the output of two F-12's.

My theory is that a big motor hardly working is better than a small one working hard. Less distortion and more longevity. Not that the F-12 is a slouch. But for $100 more...

Call Brian at Rythmik and he'll give you the lowdown. No one can tell you better than him, since he's the guy who designs and builds them.

curtis
11-06-2010, 02:58 PM
1000 cu. ft. You will be more than fine with a 12" Rythmik.

jano
11-06-2010, 05:54 PM
I'd get this one!

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F25.html

Overkill? What's that? :D

Had no idea something like that existed.. maybe I should've just gotten than instead of two f12se subs? This could then double as a coffee table for my room (since I don't have one yet, still searching for the right one), especially if it could be laid on the side. :cool: I jest, but almost in seriousness.

Too_Blue
11-06-2010, 11:37 PM
It's brand new.

Brian has some ported servo subs coming out too, for the HT crowd that just has to crack their house foundations when watching movies. :D

Too_Blue
11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
1000 cu. ft. You will be more than fine with a 12" Rythmik.

Heck, I would probably be fine with a 12" Rythmik in my 1700 cu. ft. room (thought it's open to a stairwell and has doorways to two other rooms). But I don't plan on staying in this little house forever.

bbtnt
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I have the same thought about the F15 with 370 PEQ being just a little more expensive than the F12. I believe that I have room for either one. I just want to have the same impact that I get now with the SVS with the added benefit of less distortiion.

I have never owned a sealed sub before, so curious as to how it would sound in the room as compared to the ported SVS.