PDA

View Full Version : rythmikaudio model differences

scape
10-28-2010, 07:06 AM
I was looking heavily at Rythmik's (DIY really) before Dave picked them up on this website; and now that he has backed this product up, it makes me feel very comforted because you never really know about companies you've never heard of, especially about such unique technology that exist with these subwoofers.
Now that Ascend has a few subs to offer, I am curious as to the differences offered by what Rythmik still displays on their website. I don't mean to pull traffic away from this site, but I keep looking at the F12G and keep saying to my self, that's all I need-- in addition Rythmik (Brian) offer's a basic amp with no frills (PEQ) at an undisclosed sum, but what I can only assume is even cheaper than what the F12G is going for-- which is a bargain price I'd venture to guess at.
So what I am questioning is why is this model not pushed as a bargain buy on Ascend? It seems like a perfect match to the 340's, or maybe even 170's.
Is the paper driver simply not durable for long play/long life/kids? haha
Is it simply because the one's that are offered here match the Ascend's in appearance?
I hope I am not out of line by bringing up this topic, if so please let me know! If there is already a topic, just point me in the right direction please!
Curiosity killed the cat :D

-Chris

RythmikAudio
10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
I was looking heavily at Rythmik's (DIY really) before Dave picked them up on this website; and now that he has backed this product up, it makes me feel very comforted because you never really know about companies you've never heard of, especially about such unique technology that exist with these subwoofers.
Now that Ascend has a few subs to offer, I am curious as to the differences offered by what Rythmik still displays on their website. I don't mean to pull traffic away from this site, but I keep looking at the F12G and keep saying to my self, that's all I need-- in addition Rythmik (Brian) offer's a basic amp with no frills (PEQ) at an undisclosed sum, but what I can only assume is even cheaper than what the F12G is going for-- which is a bargain price I'd venture to guess at.
So what I am questioning is why is this model not pushed as a bargain buy on Ascend? It seems like a perfect match to the 340's, or maybe even 170's.
Is the paper driver simply not durable for long play/long life/kids? haha
Is it simply because the one's that are offered here match the Ascend's in appearance?
I hope I am not out of line by bringing up this topic, if so please let me know! If there is already a topic, just point me in the right direction please!
Curiosity killed the cat :D

-Chris

Several customers asked me the same question. In short, we need to come up a new line for entry level subs. FV12 is just a beginning. I will have more of those to come. To make it truly affordable, we need to use a different driver and a different amp. A300 is reserved for FV12 for now. This time, I have 120 units of FV12 coming to my way and I have slightly fewer A300 to go with them. I cannot afford to part any more A300 to go with any other models and that is the reason I completely pull A300 amp off the website. Going forward, we will have a sealed sub with less expensive driver (GR SW12-4 is still too expensive for entry level). If we want to make a truly entry level product, we need to balance the cost of each component so that the customers can benefit most. Otherwise, just reducing the amp wattage can bearly reduce the cost.

davef
10-28-2010, 06:29 PM
test post, please ignore.

scape
10-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Several customers asked me the same question. In short, we need to come up a new line for entry level subs....Going forward, we will have a sealed sub with less expensive driver (GR SW12-4 is still too expensive for entry level).

Albeit, the driver seems to go for less than half of what the amp goes for; I guess the amp is the hardware that's price has yet to come down.
I await this new fv12 with anticipation, whether or not this is the sealed version you speak of, pretty much every sub you have looks like it will sound awesome :D
If I had to throw in my two cents, getting it close to THX specs would be nice (I think is a minimum -6db @ 20hz or I guess that'd be a maximum depending on how you look at that haha,) even if you do not advertise it as so.

scape
10-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Short edit: I found a post on AVS with FR graph on the fv12, -4db @20hz sounds promising!