PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Wisconsin

Too_Blue
09-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Hey all,

New to these forums and hoping to find someone within 100 miles of Eau Claire, WI who is willing to show off their Sierra 1's.

I'm building a 2.1 system in my living room and the Sierra 1 is on my short list of loudspeakers.

System:

Emotiva XDA-1 DAC > Rhytmik F-15 > UPA-1 (X2) > Speakers. Sources are PC, DirecTV DVR, Oppo DV 980H.

The Sierra 1's have made my short-list based on reviews and build quality and company philosophy alone. But I'd sure like to hear them before I pull the trigger.

I've read a ton of reviews and threads on various forums and come to the conclusion that the Sierra 1 is one of the best bangs for my kilobuck around. The Swan D2.1SE is there as well, as is the Magnepan MG12 (the only one of the three I've actually heard - Impressive, but big and not pretty--WAF is a factor). Also liked the Spendor monitors I've heard, but they're not near the value if the reviews of the Sierra1 are accurate. Also, no matter what speakers I go with, the Rhythmik is a given. I like that Brian has partnered with Ascend and I could possibly be dealing with the same folks with both speakers and sub.

So, is there anyone in western Wisconsin or southeast Minnesota who would be willing to let me audition their Sierra 1's? A grand is most of a week's wages for me and I'd feel a lot better about dropping it on a pair of loudspeakers if I could hear them first.

Any volunteers? I'll bring the beer!