PDA

View Full Version : Lakers

curtis
06-16-2004, 04:49 AM
Do people outside of LA hate the Lakers that much?

Is it like hating the Yankees...or worse?

Detroit really took it too the Lakers....they deserve ALL the credit.

-curtis

Mag_Neato
06-16-2004, 05:00 AM
Nothing is like hating those "Damn Yankees!" It all depends on the personality of the franchise, and the Yankees have historically been very cockey. The lakers have had their up's and down's, and I think it's the whole Shaq/Kobe personna that's giving people a bad taste.

Ed

Quinn
06-17-2004, 01:28 AM
It's Shaq and Kobe

Shaq calling himself Most Dominate Ever in an era w/o other quality big men. I wonder if Shaq remembers Hakeem taking him to school. Ewing, Robinson, and Hakeem were all at the end of their careers during Shaq's prime. Yao is only 21 and has just played two years of American style ball.

And the the Kobe v Jordan stuff. Kobe isn't a team player. Jordan was a leader and understood the team concept. Kobe most likely never will do either.

So, how do the Lakers rebuild? Shaq has only another year or two left in his body. Kobe is most likely staying. Since, the Lakers can offer him the most money which he now needs(wants) because he lost all his endorsement deals from his legal problems.

curtis
06-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Shaq has another year. I would not mind seeing Kobe go for a more balanced surrounding cast. I want Derek Fisher to stay. Other than that, I would like to see a more youthful team.

A lot of good free agents out there. I understand McGrady is a free agent too....now that would be interesting.

-curtis

Budman
06-17-2004, 10:37 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

A lot of good free agents out there. I understand McGrady is a free agent too....now that would be interesting.

-curtis
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Don't get your heart set on T-Mac, he's coming to Phoenix.

Quinn
06-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Rumors are hot here in Houston about T-mac. Indiana, Phoenix, and Houston are the three teams Orlando has been talking to. Indiana trade wanted by Orlando is Artest,Harrington and Bender. Phoenix rumors are Orlando wants Marion, Jacobsen, and Marbury. From Houston they want Francis, Mobley and Cato. A healthy Francis or Artest are the best players of the rumors.

As for the Lakers I think all the free agents hurt them due to how the salary cap is structured. T Mac is going to take the kind of money that only player exceptions merit so somebody will need to trade a star with a fat contract to free up the money. The Magic aren't going to take Kobe on a sign and trade. His off the court toubles goes against their team image. Shaq isn't going back. Who is left that Orlando would take?

Budman
06-17-2004, 05:57 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Quinn

Phoenix rumors are Orlando wants Marion, Jacobsen, and Marbury.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Marbury went to the Knicks w/ Penny in a mid-season trade.

The rumors I'm hearing here in P-Town are, Marion, 7th Overall pick in draft, Jacobson and the rights to Milos Vujanic(a hot shot point guard currently in the European league) for T-Mac.

The rumor, and it is only a rumor, is that the only thing holding up the deal is the Magic want the Suns to offer Joe Johnson instead of Casey Jacobson.

My bet is that the Suns make a legitimate offer for Kobe, if he does anything other than say yes, the Suns will focus all effort toward a trade with the Magic.

Quinn
06-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Phil gone! Shaq wants out! Very interesting out in Lala land.

Today's Houston paper quotes "league sources" that Steve Francis is the player the Magic are most interested in and a deal may go down as early as Wednesday. I'm not going to beleive it till it is a done deal.

Quinn
06-20-2004, 08:13 PM
It seems that Indiana is quickly fading from the picture because Artest doesn't fit the Magic's image.

Quinn
06-22-2004, 12:51 AM
Wow Rudy T as Lakers coach?

It looks like T Mac to Houston is a done deal. All reports are the deal is down to dotting the i's and crossing the t's. The Houston media are very reliable on this kind of stuff.

curtis
06-22-2004, 06:50 AM
I read in the LA Times today that T-Mac and Shaq both want to be in Dallas.

-curtis

Mag_Neato
06-22-2004, 06:58 AM
What a couple of Mavericks, those two!!!!

Ed

Quinn
06-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Under league cap rules trades have to be w/i 15% of cap money of each other. So, salaries would need be within the league-mandated 15 percent of O'Neal's $27 million salary for next season. then T-Mac's $15 million they'd have to trade Dirk and Nash and more to get the salary room. One of the two they can do. I can't see getting both and having any players of note left.

This is on ESPN this evening-

The Rockets and Magic have finalized a deal to send Tracy McGrady to Houston for Steve Francis -- provided none of the other principal names in the multi-player trade are selected in Tuesday's expansion draft, ESPN's Jim Gray reports.

None were taken in the expansion draft.

T-Mac might consider Yao is 22 and Shaq 32(?) while he himself is 25. I know Shaq wants an extension but I only think he has two more years maybe three left in his body.

Besides who wants to live in Dallas?

curtis
06-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Personally, IMO, Shaq will need to work hard in the off season. He is no longer as quick as he used to be, and less effective defensively because of it. Offensively, he can still push guys around. I am also not sure if it is the best thing to build an offense around him.

-curtis

Quinn
06-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Apparently the deal w/ Houston has fallen thru. Supposedly, Steve Francis says he won't play for the Magic. Phoenix has the ball now.