PDA

View Full Version : R.i.p. Av123

Mag_Neato
08-16-2010, 11:50 AM
It's official. AV123 closes its doors. Can't say I'm sad about it, nor surprised.
I met Mark once at a Craigsub GTG. He was everybody's friend. Nothing negative to say about him from that encounter. I did get the feeling that he made promises with little substance. He was, or is, a salesman. Make the pitch, close the deal, take the money and run. The cult-like following he generated was awe inspiring. But like any celebrity, he was ultimately responsible for his public image. He, and nobody else, trashed his reputation with gusto.

I hope this will open peoples eyes as to the difference between a huckster, and someone with a true passion for this hobby.

davef
08-27-2010, 12:39 AM
I haven't been able to get a firm grip on exactly how I feel about this. My thoughts vary wildly these days, especially considering that in its prime, AV123 drew much attention away from brick and mortar brands to internet direct. AV123 played a major role in building the popularity of ID audio and the irony is that now it has probably hurt ID audio just as much as it helped...

It appears as if a court assigned fiscal agent has been assigned and is winding down the business and selling assets.