PDA

View Full Version : Ascend Forums on Smartphones

logicology
07-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I often read the ascend forums on my iPhone and Android phone on the train and at work, etc... I recently discovered TapaTalk, which is an iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry app that formats the forums specifically for your mobile device.

I would LOVE if Dave would add support for this. It is free for the forum owners. (The app costs a couple bucks for the end-user). Threre are details here for how to enable support: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Thanks!

curtis
07-19-2010, 03:50 PM
I have not used TapaTalk yet, but everything I have read about it is pretty positive.

logicology
07-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I would love to see it implemented here. :D

davef
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I often read the ascend forums on my iPhone and Android phone on the train and at work, etc... I recently discovered TapaTalk, which is an iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry app that formats the forums specifically for your mobile device.

I would LOVE if Dave would add support for this. It is free for the forum owners. (The app costs a couple bucks for the end-user). Threre are details here for how to enable support: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Thanks!

I have not used TapaTalk yet, but everything I have read about it is pretty positive.

Yeah, I would love to see it implemented here. :D

This looks really interesting. I don't quite understand the fee structure or how the app works but I am definitely going to look into this. I don't have an iPhone just yet but I was planning on picking up an iPhone 4 this weekend (if I can find one).

Is it worth waiting for the next iPhone upgrade because of the antenna issue? Here in San Clemente we get really poor reception with AT&T.

curtis
08-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Dave, I would suggest you also look at Android based phones.

I have an HTC Evo 4g...very happy with it.

As for Tapatalk, in the Android App Market, the cost is $2.99, and they have had between 10K-50K downloads. That's a nice chunk of change.

logicology
08-14-2010, 11:21 AM
I also love my android phone. I have a Nexus One on AT&T, but the Incredible on Verizon is great.

davef
08-19-2010, 01:04 AM
I also love my android phone. I have a Nexus One on AT&T, but the Incredible on Verizon is great.

I am afraid that I am stuck with AT&T right now. I don't keep up with smartphone trends so between iPhone 4 and a droid, what are the advantages / disadvantages between them? Which is easiest to type on? Ease of answering emails is of highest priority.

logicology
08-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Email is equally great on both iPhone and Android devices. I especially prefer Android for email because of the great Gmail email app on the device. However, if you do not use Gmail then you will have to pull your email into Gmail first.

For simple ease of use, I'd say iPhone wins. For power, I'd say Android wins.

curtis
08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Typing on a touchscreen takes some time getting used to.

If email and messaging are the primary concerns, IMO, as much as I love my Android phone, I think Blackberry is the best for that application. Overall, not as powerful or flexible as the iPhone or Android devices, but do email/messaging extremely well.

BTW...."Droid" is line of phones from Motorola that use the Android OS.

davef
08-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys..

Considering I have some Apple gift cards that need to be used, I think I am going to give the iPhone a try. The Android phones look great but the one that really interests me seems to be locked to Verizon :(

curtis
08-20-2010, 09:34 PM
The Android phones look great but the one that really interests me seems to be locked to Verizon :(
Must be one of the Motorolas...nice phones.

Once you get used to typing on the touchscreen, I think you will like the iPhone.

RayJr
08-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Motorola Droid X ........need I say more :)

RayJr

davef
08-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Motorola Droid X ........need I say more :)

RayJr

I am stuck with AT&T, unfortunately :(

logicology
08-30-2010, 08:55 AM
So if you're getting an iPhone, will you give Tapatalk a try so we can browse these forums on our smart phones? :D

davef
09-01-2010, 06:29 PM
So if you're getting an iPhone, will you give Tapatalk a try so we can browse these forums on our smart phones? :D

Most definitely! Went to get my iPhone last weekend but they were sold out. Hopefully this weekend....

logicology
12-17-2010, 09:32 PM
How do you like your iPhone? Any more interest in setting up Tapatalk? :)

davef
12-23-2010, 01:25 AM
How do you like your iPhone? Any more interest in setting up Tapatalk? :)

It is really an incredible device but as a business quality phone, I am afraid that it is not satisfactory. In this area, reception is horrible and calls are frequently dropped.

However, yes -- as soon as things slow down a bit, enabling Tapatalk becomes high priority :) (one of the reasons for my iPhone purchase)

curtis
12-23-2010, 09:14 AM
For business integration, the Blackberry is still the best device IMO.

logicology
07-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Dave,

Any further interest in getting the Ascend Acoustics community on the mobile web? Looks like all you would need to do is copy a few files into the installation directory from this link (http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=vbulletin).

It's all completely free for you, the forum owner. Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com) makes money by selling the iPhone and Android app to end-users.

logicology
12-06-2012, 04:03 AM
<bump > :D

I would still love this feature. It is so nice browsing forms like AVS from the TapaTalk client vs Ascend Forums from the mobile web browser.

davef
12-10-2012, 01:37 AM
<bump > :D

I would still love this feature. It is so nice browsing forms like AVS from the TapaTalk client vs Ascend Forums from the mobile web browser.

Coming soon... We will be updating the forum to the lastest software version which has a mobile module built in :)