PDA

View Full Version : D15SE Questions

BarryG
06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Hi, coupla questions I'd appreciate help with:

1. Is there a downloadable D15SE manual?

2. Does the Line Out connection provide a high pass signal to feed power amp/Sierras if you didn't want to use AVR's xover?

3. Is it generally agreed that it is advantageous to feed a high-passed signal ("small") to the Sierra-1 instead of driving them full-range when D15SE is connected?

TIA

RythmikAudio
06-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi, coupla questions I'd appreciate help with:

1. Is there a downloadable D15SE manual?

2. Does the Line Out connection provide a high pass signal to feed power amp/Sierras if you didn't want to use AVR's xover?

3. Is it generally agreed that it is advantageous to feed a high-passed signal ("small") to the Sierra-1 instead of driving them full-range when D15SE is connected?

TIA

Barry,

Sorry to get back to you late on this.

1) There is a quick guide that comes with the sub. There are two links on it that provide further information about how to integrate the sub to your front speakers using speaker distance adjustment as a phase alignment tool.

2) The lineouts are indeed high pass filtered at 80hz. However, I would recommend to use AVR's xover whenever you can. For one, our HPF is fixed at 80hz while AVR has adjustable HPF.

3) There are pros and cons and you really have to try both. If you are in a pure music setup, I would recommend you try full range on Sierra. However, you are in a HT/music setup, I would recommend to use bass management to relieve the bass load off your Sierra. You should still get pretty decent 2ch sound.

Brian