PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Subwoofer

jvillas
06-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I have been looking for a small sub woofer to replace a borrowed psb sub woofer that I have been using for quite awhile. Most everthing that is available new,or used is either too big, or too expensive, usually both. A friend recently purchased a velodyne mini compact 8" sub. A good sounding sub, at a value price of $193. and change incl. shipping,($299.- coupon = $193.). Nearly bought this sub, until I came across the Final Sub 110 available for $119. on Ebay. I took a chance and made an offer of $110.. Offer was accepted. Shipping was free. Once it arrived, unpacked and set-up I have been quite impressed with its sound, build quality, and flexibility. Its a little bigger than I would have liked but only a little. So I decided to purchase a second one. I made an offer of $100. Offer was excepted, now I have two 110s at a bargain price. I am currently breaking them in, and am quite
pleased. My use of these subs is in my 2 channel system exclusively.
Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Superb-Final-Sound-S110-8-Ported-Subwoofer-DUALVOLT-/320529071302?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item4aa1057cc6
Found one user review;
http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/unknown/subwoofers/final-sound-s110/PRD_438507_2741crx.aspx

rifmon
01-30-2011, 06:57 AM
I am in the same boat looking for an inexpensive sub to go with my 170se's. I've been looking at the Velodyne 11 subs which have good reviews (for the $), at the $150.00 price point but then I looked at the one you bought. It sounds like you got a great deal!! However, it seems like the supply of those are gone. There is a 100 and a 95 model left. The 100 is a sealed enclosure. I'm tempted to get one but there are no reviews for those models.

Thanks for the heads up though. I wish I could get one from Ascend but I have nowhere near $800.00 to spend. Not at this time of my life!

In case I don't get the ones mentioned, anyone have any experience or luck with the Velodyne 11 sub?

backeyjakic
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I was out bid last night on a large boxed complete version of Z. Man was I pissed The final price was ?11 sterling about 16.50 euro.

I was looking at another item described as Z and Z expansion kit on Ebay Uk, I was wondering is this Z95??

Jeff52
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
I am in the same boat looking for an inexpensive sub to go with my 170se's. I've been looking at the Velodyne 11 subs which have good reviews (for the $), at the $150.00 price point but then I looked at the one you bought. It sounds like you got a great deal!! However, it seems like the supply of those are gone. There is a 100 and a 95 model left. The 100 is a sealed enclosure. I'm tempted to get one but there are no reviews for those models.

Thanks for the heads up though. I wish I could get one from Ascend but I have nowhere near $800.00 to spend. Not at this time of my life!

In case I don't get the ones mentioned, anyone have any experience or luck with the Velodyne 11 sub?

If you could stretch your budget a bit Amazon has the Premier Acoustics PA-120 for $259, looks like a nice sub, kind of big and heavy though.

scape
01-04-2012, 01:11 PM
don't overlook the yst-sw series of yamaha subs. i like my 315 (10") and have used it for years. i hear the sw1500 model is much better (12") and was rated well down to 30hz. DIY is also a great way to go, there are a bunch of recommended builds which are pretty straight forward to put together

rifmon
02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
I have not been on this site for a while but I want to report on what I finally ended up with. I tried like CRAZY to get one of those Final Audio Subs on Ebay. They slipped right out of my eager bidding hands at the (literal) last second!! It has happened before! haha... but I was sad, frustrated and sort of pissed. :mad: So I did a lot more searches and I found a Pinnacle dual 8" 400 watt sub for $194.00 and free shipping. I knew nothing at all about these but I saw the Ebay seller dealt exclusively in selling Pinnacle speakers on Ebay. He still does. I asked him a few questions and he was always returned his answers promptly.

I googled the heck out of this sub and although there weren't TONS of reviews, the ones I read were very good. ex; http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/revu_bboom.html This is a review from Home Theater Magazine from 1990 so this little sucker has been around! An oldie but Goodie?

The low price of this Pinnacle threw me at first because this same seller had what appeared to be the same sub for sale but the price was $600.00. It turns out that the one I bought for under $200.00 was the previous model rated for 400 watts vs the then 500 watts and now this year the ratings seem to be 600 watts:eek:....you knows...:confused: marketing, marketing..

Anyway, this thing is a little brute and can fill my 20x20 room with accurate bass for music. I listen to a lot of classical, jazz, rock, etc.. Upright bass sounds natural, articulate and well blended with my 170's. (You know, I may be on a tight budget, but I'm not gonna mate slop with my beloved 170's!) For movie sound tracks and lower Frequency effects, this thing keeps up with what I recall hearing from my previous Sub which was an HSU VTF-2. I'm not saying that this Baby Boomer is as good as the HSU. I do not have the HSU to compare in A/B fashion, but I am saying, without doing that, I am equally happy with this one.

This Baby Boomer is a sealed design with external heat sinks and is basically and 12" cube that weighs in at a reassuring 30 pounds and has robust screw-in solid brass cones.

For $197.00 delivered, I am a fricken happy camper now for a year now. The thing make me smile.

Just thought I'd share.:)

FEATURES - pinnacle baby boomer plus 800 Watt Subwoofer

Anti-Clipping Circuit for High Level Undistorted Bass!
Gold plated binding posts
Solid Brass Isolation Cones
Bipole Configuration for Maximum Bass in Minimum Space!
2 Year Transferable Warranty for amplifier
7 Year Transferable Warranty on parts & labor for the rest of the system
Designed and Manufactured in the USA
System Type: Acoustic Suspension

Component Drivers: Dual 8" fibercone woofers with rubber surrounds, 2" voice coils, and 40 ounce magnets

Subwoofer Low End Frequency Response: 25 Hz (- 3 dB)

Variable Subwoofer Low Pass Filter: 50-150 Hz

Optional Satellite Speaker Crossover: First Order @ 80 Hz

System Power: 400 Watts RMS, 800 Watts Peak

Dimensions: 9 7/8" Wide x 9 7/8" High x 9 7/8" Deep (without grill)

Finish: High Gloss Piano Black

Weight: 30 lbs. each