PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Rythmik F12SE

Bill Mac
05-24-2010, 05:28 PM
I was fortunate to buy a almost brand new F12SE from a member over at the Emotiva Lounge. The F12SE replaces an Outlaw LFM-1 Plus which I have been very happy with. I have been listening to more 2 CH music and wanted a more musical sub to compliment my Sierra-1s. Instead of retyping my impressions I am linking a post from over at AVS.

Just a quick update on my thoughts on my F12E. I took the time to learn REW which was quite intimidating for a computer noob like myself;). But I pushed myself to try to figure it out and with the help of the crew over at the HT Shack I was able to actually measure my rooms sub response. I guess it isn't that bad with a bump at about 45Hz that I was able to flatten with the F12SEs PEQ. I almost went with the SVS AS-EQ1 or the Anti-Mode 8003 but figured I really should try to find out how my room was interacting with my sub.

I have spent quite a bit of time listening to 2 CH music through my Parasound 2100 and the SQ is excellent. I'm so glad I bought the F12SE as it really has made music listening so much more enjoyable:). I read so much about musical subs and now I know what all the talk was about. I have listened to quite a bit of music today from, Mark Knopler, Steely Dan, Holly Cole, Dire Straits and others all music I am very familiar with. The bass is just so much more defined and accurate without any boominess (is that a word?;)). The F12SE integrates so well with my Ascend Sierra-1s so much more so than with my Outlaw LFM-1 Plus.

So if anyone is looking for a musical sub they should give Rythmik subs some serious consideration. I will hopefully be able to watch some movies tonight and I'm sure the F12SE will be just as good with movies as it is with music:).

Bill

I just wanted to add that the service from both Ascend and Rythmik are outstanding:)! Excellent products with service to match.

Bill

RicardoJoa
05-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Just curious, how big is your listenng area? Do u think the f12 has enough output or do u wish u went witht the f15? I am considering the f12 or f15 and cant make up my mind. I like the f15 output but the size of f12....:)

Bill Mac
05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Just curious, how big is your listenng area? Do u think the f12 has enough output or do u wish u went witht the f15? I am considering the f12 or f15 and cant make up my mind. I like the f15 output but the size of f12....:)

My room (livingroom) is 14'D x 17'W with 8" ceilings. The width is a guess as the room opens to a stairway and to the diningroom. I am very happy with the F12SE and never did consider the F15. I had been looking at the F12SE for some time but only bought due to finding a used one at a great price:). I find for both music and movies it has more than enough output. But I am more interested in an accurate sub than one that just has strong output. Although the F12SE does both very well in my room IMO. As you mention the size of the F12SE is a plus. It is a nice change from the rather large LFM-1 Plus I had in my system.

You might want to talk to Dave or Brian at Rythmik with your room dimensions and listening preferences. They would have a much better idea on which one would be best for you.

Bill

muzz
06-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Hmmmmmmm.......well I knew that.........I could've shown ya during the shootout.....oooooooops......... :D

Glad it's working out for ya Bill, I bet it sounds Minty :D

Parasound AGAIN?
A7200 is feeling like a Jilted lover by now I imagine......