PDA

View Full Version : They should arrive tomorrow

smitty4ut
05-12-2010, 03:14 PM
First off I just wanted to say hello. This has been a fun process for me so far. Buying speakers is fun, but it can also be daunting.

I would also like to say thanks to the guy that couldn't make up his mind on the color he wanted. Thanks to him I believe that I got the last 3 piano black Sierra-1's that they have in stock.

I just order a pair of Sierra-1's last Thursday evening, along with a matching center and stands. They shipped last Friday. I am looking to upgrade from my Paradigm Studio 60's V2. I am hoping for a more natural and smoother sound. I am listening to more music now than I use to. I was wondering if setting my crossover at 60hz would be a good starting place. I have 2 subs already in my room, that seem to play well together. Any thoughts or help would be welcome.

Also thanks Dave for talking with me over the phone. Your advice and help was greatly appreciated. Also thank Dina for all of her help. Your staff is truly exceptional.

Thanks Tony :D

UPS says that they are at the local UPS facility. They should be arriving at my house tomorrow. Really looking forward to setting these up. Is a signature required for them?

curtis
05-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Which subs do you have?

The bass quality that the Sierras produce is excellent. In my experience, there are not many subs that can match them in the upper bass.

60hz is definitely a good starting point. Subs with great upper bass could be crossed at 80hz.

Enjoy! It will be interesting to read what you think in comparison to the much larger Studio 60 floorstanders.

davef
05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
First off I just wanted to say hello. This has been a fun process for me so far. Buying speakers is fun, but it can also be daunting.

I would also like to say thanks to the guy that couldn't make up his mind on the color he wanted. Thanks to him I believe that I got the last 3 piano black Sierra-1's that they have in stock.

I just order a pair of Sierra-1's last Thursday evening, along with a matching center and stands. They shipped last Friday. I am looking to upgrade from my Paradigm Studio 60's V2. I am hoping for a more natural and smoother sound. I am listening to more music now than I use to. I was wondering if setting my crossover at 60hz would be a good starting place. I have 2 subs already in my room, that seem to play well together. Any thoughts or help would be welcome.

Also thanks Dave for talking with me over the phone. Your advice and help was greatly appreciated. Also thank Dina for all of her help. Your staff is truly exceptional.

Thanks Tony :D

UPS says that they are at the local UPS facility. They should be arriving at my house tomorrow. Really looking forward to setting these up. Is a signature required for them?

It has been our pleasure! Funny thing, the day after we shipped you those Piano Blacks, that customer contacted us and stated he will be ready for them in 2 weeks. Your timing was perfect!

Enjoy!!!

smitty4ut
05-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I have a Outlaw LFM-1 compact, along with an ED A2-300. They seem to work pretty well together. The outlaw is not as deep, and I believe slightly more musical the the ED. I will need to do some level matching with them. Just need to get an SPL meter. Do you know if the AIX disk that comes with an OPPO will work to calibrate with?

smitty4ut
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Guess what? My amp just blew tonight. I had to hook everything back up to my Denon. I will have to get ahold of Emotiva tomorrow. I don't think it is good when sparks come out of your amp. I am sure that they will take good care of me though.

smitty4ut
05-14-2010, 08:13 AM
My Sierra's are like the Who's. They are shouting We are here, We are here.