PDA

View Full Version : Greetins from "New to Ascend"

cjs982
01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I just ordered (this morning) an Ascend system sound-unheard having based my decision on the reviews posted on this website and a few pro reviewers' notes. I'm awaiting the arrival so that I can custom build stands for them. More than likely, I will ask for expert advice when attempting to hook everything up. This is Calvin from, currently, cold Minnesota.

JK_112880
01-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Welcome! I am in the same boat as you--My three front HTM-200 SEs were just shipped out to me yesterday and I should be getting them Friday. I, like you, have not heard the speakers I will be getting. I based my decision on Ascend's reputation and the nearly universal high praise the brand has received not only here, but anywhere else I did a Google search for them on the internet. I'm looking forward to getting them in and seeing/hearing what makes these speakers so special. Again, welcome!

cjs982
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I picked up my new receiver (Pioneer Elite SC-25) yesterday and have been studying the manual. Seems a bit involved for a neophyte like myself. It will help when the Sierra-1's arrive (should be Monday). I bought bulk 14 ga wire and banana plugs this morning, now I have to convince the wife that the wiremold running over the door is really a decorative item!