PDA

View Full Version : World series prediction....

Paul Disney IV
05-20-2004, 12:19 AM
A Reds fan? Bravo! If Kearns would pull his act together and if Griffey remains health we might be able to challenge for a wild card spot. We would also probably have to trade for at least one more strong starting pitcher. That being said, our starters aren't killing us and the team seems to be in high hopes. I am going to try and see Housten and Cincy clash tomorrow night.

Yeah and the Yankees are really horrible. No matter how good they are they will always be a horrible organization.

Paul

Richie
05-20-2004, 04:17 AM
didnt realize they were playing houston. that will be interesting.

yeah our SP's are our only problem. with kearns back we are dominant in hitting. and THANK GOD for graves, hes our savior. with a little luck, we might be able to pull an upset. Later man.

curtis
05-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Being in LA.....I would love to see the Dodgers and Angels....but as of late, it does not look very good fo either team.

-curtis

Mag_Neato
05-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Being in Northeast Ohio, an interstate series between the Indians and Reds would be nice. With the way the Tribe is playing, I highly doubt it!

MAG

picasso
05-20-2004, 10:23 PM
The country and Fox Network would love to see the Red Soxs vs the Cubs. Living in Maine, I'll humbly predict a removal of the curse.

picasso_04901@yahoo.com

Mag_Neato
06-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Speaking of baseball in general....how do these players hit the pitches? My nine year old son had batting practice last night with his team using a pitching machine set at 35MPH. My son was hitting most of the balls, or at least making contact. After everyone had enough and wanted to stop, I turned the machine up to 70mph and grabbed a bat! That speed would not even earn a pitcher a second look in the majors. The balls, which resembled a baseball-sized golfball in yellow, came by in a blurr. After helplessly swinging the bat much too late, I started watching the coach's hand as he fed the machine. As I started timing things I was able to get off a few good hits. If the ball's location would have changed I would not have been able to correct for that. I believe the big leaguers have things timed, but are guessing most of the time where the ball is going to be.

Ed

Quinn
06-23-2004, 01:15 AM
My understanding is they watch the pitcher's motion and arm speed to figure out what is coming. That is why Gange is so damn good he has the same motion and arm speed for all three of his pitches.