PDA

View Full Version : Very Satisfied in Dallas

GPeaslee
10-24-2009, 11:50 AM
A few weeks ago, I had never heard of Ascend Acoustics. But thanks to the AVS Forum and the many postive comments, I decided to place an order for a pair of Sierra 1's, a Sierra 1 center, and a pair of HTM-200se's for the side surrounds. What really sold me was the conversation I had with David who took the time to honestly answer all of my questions. He has graciously continued to assist me via email to set-up my system to achieve the best possible sound in my room.

I have paired the Ascends with a pair of Epik Sentinels which are incredible subs for their price point. They were also small enough to fit in my crowded room. The heart of my system is a Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver. After some trial and error, and some input from David, I am using the All Adjust MCACC auto calibration which calibrates each speaker individually. All speakers are set to small, and the crossover is set to 80 Hz. David recommended the Q-plug for the center speaker, since it is so close to the wall. I am also running the center about 1 db hotter than the L/R speakers to improve the dialogue clarity. Speaker levels were adjusted at a reference level of 75 db. Initially I used a 70 db reference level, but adjusting at the higher level really made a big difference. I also did a lot of tweaking to get the subs right, as there were several drop-outs to deal with in my room. The addition of an Auralex Gramma under each sub also tightened up the bottom end very noticeably.

I think everything is finally dialed in, and the bottom line is that the Ascends sound fantastic! In fact, the more I listen, the better they sound. Thanks again to David for providing such great customer service! I believe the Sierra 1's are clearly the best speakers in their price range and in reality outperform several other "name brand" speakers that I auditioned which were 2-3 times the cost. There is no question that I made the right choice, and I know I am going to be happy with the Ascends for many years to come.

curtis
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Great looking setup...and welcome!

drewface
10-27-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm going to second curtis on saying your setup looks great! Welcome to the ascend family.

davef
11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi G...

Thank you! I am very pleased that you are enjoying the speakers and I love the look of your setup!

Enjoy!!!

arkiedan
11-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Beautiful Setup! I love my Sierras. I went with a single Epik Vanquish and love it too. Great products by Ascend and Epik.

arkiedan

jeryruse
12-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi GPeaslee,
Myself Jery and welcome to the Forum , and I can see I am a little late in joining the general conversation... in these forum .Hope you have a great time here Person. Perhaps we would get to know more of each other over the time.Well its look great setup.
Thanks .