PDA

View Full Version : A new believer out on the frontier.

arkiedan
10-03-2009, 02:38 AM
I received the Sierras just last week and ordered the Sierra center yesterday. Wonderful sounding speakers! By far the best I ever owned.

Me? I'm retired out here in central Arkansas, 25 miles northwest of Little Rock (where I believe there are a couple other Ascend customers hiding out.) I was skeptical of using ID companies for my speakers but I found Ascend (Dave is terrific!) AND Aperion to be good folks. Still, the Aperions went back since I'm keeping the Sierras. Im into my first experience with a subwoofer, the Epic Vanquish, and I'm impressed how easily it blends in with the Sierras. The sub is not too important to me since I listen to mostly classical music. Still, there's that occasional organ pedal or monster kettle drum that needs reinforcement.

I moved here from the Washington/Baltimore corridor 4 years ago, just to get away from the huge population growth and traffic back there. I love it out here in the little town of Conway, with three colleges for plays and concerts and more bass-fishing lakes than I'll ever be able to fish. I haven't been back east since I moved and don't plan to go. Life is good! :D

Good to be here!

arkiedean

rogerm
10-04-2009, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=arkiedan;33186]I received the Sierras just last week and ordered the Sierra center yesterday. Wonderful sounding speakers! By far the best I ever owned.

Welcome, I'm glad you are enjoying your new Sierras. I just celebrated my second year with mine. They have never ceased to amaze me whether they are on my HT system or on my 5 WPC tube amp. You should enjoy the Vanquish, I have an Epik Valor in my system. What crossover did you decide on? I left that same area 19 years ago (Alexandria, Va.) worked in D.C. but ventured a bit farther West to Montana. I've not returned either.

arkiedan
10-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Welcome, I'm glad you are enjoying your new Sierras. I just celebrated my second year with mine. They have never ceased to amaze me whether they are on my HT system or on my 5 WPC tube amp. You should enjoy the Vanquish, I have an Epik Valor in my system. What crossover did you decide on? I left that same area 19 years ago (Alexandria, Va.) worked in D.C. but ventured a bit farther West to Montana. I've not returned either.

Thanks for the Welcome,

I've been suffering with an infected left ear for several days. My listening has been curtailed since I can only hear out of one ear. Can't wait for this thing to heal so I can get back to enjoying the system. I haven't decided on a crossover for the Vanquish though I played with 120hz down to 80hz.

I loved the Washington, DC, area but the congestion just became intolerable. When I retired we looked around and got out of there. Montana? I'd love to live in Montana. When I suggested we look around out there my wife refused, saying she wants no more hard winters or snow. Well....can't say that I blame her.

arkiedan

drewface
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
i don't blame you for wanting to escape the DC area, this place is crazy! i grew up in Richmond, VA and then moved to the Baltimore/DC area almost 11 years ago. HUGE difference in the pace of life and amount of traffic. someday i'll get out of here like you guys did.

anyways, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your sierra purchase!