PDA

View Full Version : FS: Bamboo (Plyboo) Speaker Stands

alphaiii
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
This listing is for a trio of custom Plyboo (bamboo ply) speaker stands built by Ascend/AVS forum member Jason Coleman to match Ascend Sierra-1 speakers in natural bamboo finish. I had to sell off my Ascend Speakers for $$ reasons, so these are a bit out of place with my Rosenut Energy speakers now.

Included are two 24" stands for the L/R speakers, one 12" center channel stand, GR research brass spikes, screws and assembly instructions, and BluStik. The center channel stand has an 8 degree angle so the center can be angled up toward the listener. The top plates were cut to match the footprint of each speaker - the top plate of the center channel stand matches the size of the horizontal Sierra-1 center.

I bought these in May, and have only assembled the L/R stands (see pics). The center stand is still wrapped in bubble wrap. I rate 8/10 since the L/R have been assembled, and there is a small ding on the column of one of the stands.

I can disassemble the stands and ship at the buyers expense. Local pickup is also fine with payment prior to pickup. I will accept USPS money order or Paypal.

EDIT: SOLD!

alphaiii
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
The fine details:

As I mentioned, they're made of Bamboo ply. It's non-resonant, heavy and sturdy. IMO, it's a lot more durable than MDF. Unfortunately, it's expensive - I priced it at around $300 for a 4x8 sheet.

The top plate dimensions for the L/R stands - 7.5" wide x 10.5" deep, with (I believe) a 3/8" radius on front edge - perfect match for the footprint of the Sierra monitor.

The top plate for the center stand is 14.25" wide x 10.5" deep to match the horizontal Sierra center.

The columns for all 3 stands are 6" x 6", and are sand fill-able, as the bottom of the column is sealed. The column for the center stand has an 8 degree cut on the top to angle the top plate upward.

The bottom plates for all 3 stands are 10" x 12".

alphaiii
09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
And a few pics...

cbherman
09-15-2009, 05:22 AM
Do you know how much shipping would be to the 76262 area or 75709?

alphaiii
11-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Sold!