PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from North Central Ohio...

dr. simple
08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey everyone,

I've got to confess - I've never been much of an audiophile. About six years ago I heard discrete surround sound at a friend's, and dove in in Aug, 2003, with a cheap DVDA-compatible Panasonic HTIB. I switched to a Yamaha receiver and Pioneer 578A universal player about 18 months later, but I've still been using the cheapo speakers that came with the Panasonic.

Last week my set of three CMT-340s and two CBM-170s arrived. Holy mackerel, I can hardly believe my ears. Wow.

Now, get this - I started down this path because I was intrigued by six channel audio. In 5.1, the cheapo speakers weren't too bad, actually. In STEREO, it was was worthless.

So I got the Ascend speakers so I could enjoy my 800 stereo CDs again, but today I had The Zombies' "Odessey And Oracle" playing, and forgot that half-way through the album repeats in MONO. I couldn't believe how good MONO sounded!

I'm hearing music like I've never heard it before. A musician for 30 years, with 800 CDs and over 200 Hi-Rez surround discs, and I'm dumbfounded. This is amazing.

Add me to the list of happy Ascend speaker owners, and if you're in North Central Ohio and you need to hear them, shoot me a PM!

Paul

jvillas
08-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi dr . simple, and welcome. Your 340's are really doing there job for you. Its like rediscovering your CD collection again. That is very cool. What is happening to you has happened to a number of us here. Ascend speakers are really quite special, Enjoy.

debo
08-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Greetings and welcome aboard Paul! If you are like most of us you will be listening to most of your CD collection all over again like it was the first time.

dr. simple
08-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks jvillas and debo for replying - and you're all correct: I've been listening to disc after disc in amazement. Tonight (hopefully) I'll get the 170s mounted and break out my hi-rez multichannel collection.