PDA

View Full Version : Feet for Rythmik subs?

jbjb
07-27-2009, 04:49 AM
My F15 came without any feet and is just resting on the carpeted floor.

Is it necessary to put little rubber feet on it?

curtis
07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
nope...no need. Mine is resting on a carpeted floor as well.

drewface
07-27-2009, 09:28 PM
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16890551#post16890551

that site mentions some metal spike feet being included, but i think they are talking about the f12 SE... are these not included with the f15s? i'm curious because i have an order in for an f15 and would like to know so i don't worry about there not being any spike feet in the box when it comes...

curtis
07-27-2009, 10:36 PM
My F15 didn't come with feet.....no place(no holes on the bottom of the sub) to put them if it did.

drewface
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
alright, cool. thanks curtis :)

ddlooping
07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi all. :)

If your subwoofer is resting on the floor I'd suggest you try to elevate it.

That's what I did with mine and noticed an improvement (more defined bass).

You can see my "Ikea feet/MDF" DYI solution in this thread (http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=4019). ;)

SC^SoCal
08-08-2009, 09:45 AM
You could also use those subdudes. I have 2 f12s and put them on a couple of subdudes. It sets them higher and it looks better for my particular setup. BTW, the subs sound great!

TooManyHobbies
08-15-2009, 05:52 PM
The F15 does not come with spikes, and as Curtis mentioned, there are no holes for installing them. I've used spikes before with other speakers and noticed no particular advantage using them other than they will keep the sub from crushing a large, square place in most carpet and pad. Raising the sub above the floor might help in reducing acoustic problems in some rooms, but the small difference spikes provide will not be enough to make any noticeable improvement, and I've never observed an improvement raising a speaker at typical subwoofer frequencies below 100 Hz. Room placement will have a far greater effect.

I have been using the F15 for more than six months and have found it to be a fantastic sub. Performance with music is outstanding, and it's no slouch reproducing movie low frequency effects. I can not imagine anyone being dissatisfied with it over anything in it's price class - or much more.

muzz
08-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Mine has no feet.....OOOOOOOOppppps I have a home made Rythmik, and the driver faces UP.....
It faces up because after doing alot of testing using REW, it seems my room interacts the best with it in that condition, I had feet but it worked better facing up...
No biggie for me, I'm cool with that, as I am the boss of THIS room.....:D