PDA

View Full Version : Custom Rythmik D15se

mziegler
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Everything arrived. I ordered the cabinet from Meniscus, plans from Rythmik. I I haven't had a chance to fire up this puppy, but the wife likes the looks of this one more than my Hsu.

curtis
07-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice!!

I see Chewy seems to like it.

mziegler
07-24-2009, 11:07 PM
We'll see after I fire it up. He's pretty mellow, though.

ebh
07-25-2009, 10:03 AM
cool. looks very nice. still waiting for ascend and rythmik to offer a bamboo or other real wood veneer on the rythmik subs.

mziegler
07-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Brian has stated that he won't do light veneers because he thinks the light wood makes the sub seem too large.

My enclosure is actually a bit larger then Rythmik's. Brian said he limited the size due to shipping cost and damage that can result from the weight. Brian said there is a very slight improvement with the larger enclosure.

I was going to wait and hope for something in bamboo at one point, but I realized that the maple was better for me. In the end it is probably less expensive than bamboo.

It will probably never happen, but I wonder what a solid bamboo sub would be like.

Eddie Horton
07-25-2009, 03:27 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dave had a solid laminated bamboo "research" mule somewhere.

Jonnyozero3
07-25-2009, 05:05 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dave had a solid laminated bamboo "research" mule somewhere.

I'd pay real money for that! :)