PDA

View Full Version : NAD

curtis
04-24-2004, 02:19 AM
frank...you are not thinking of changing are you? NAD makes good stuff. I have heard one of their 150wpc integrated amps with my CMT-340's...sounded great.

-curtis

JohnnyCasaba
04-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Frank,

I have an NAD T752 AVR, this is last years model now, but I really like the sound from it for both music and movies. The NAD AVR's don't have as many features and DSP's as some of the others like Denon, H/K, etc, but like H/K, their power specs are given for all channels driven. I think all of their AVR's but the 742/743 are able to drive 4 ohm loads.

Some of the cons would be that there have been some QC issues in the past, some complaints of hiss and hum as well. Also there is a digital delay on some music discs, this is also present on some H/K and Marantz models as well.

Try to demo one if you can, I really like the combo with the Ascends.

frank
04-24-2004, 11:06 PM
curtis yes I'm thinking in getting rid or my pioneer elite vsx-45tx it's to damm hard for me to control all the fuctions the manual is only 130 pages or so! does anyone know what kind of money I could sell this for it's less than 2 years old!

curtis
04-25-2004, 08:31 AM
What functions? With the bells and whistles I see on a lot of receivers, my HK included, I vision them as set and forget.

Once I had things dialed in on mine, and knew which modes I like, I really do not mess with anything any more.

-curtis

frank
04-25-2004, 11:15 PM
yes curtis all the bells and whistles and the kitchen sink

curtis
04-26-2004, 01:23 AM
frank,

Are these feature you just can not set and forget? Or do you always have to mess with them?

-curtis

frank
04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
yes once I set them I don't have to mess with them I was wondering if it would be better to buy a spl meter or just listen by ear?

curtis
04-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Setting the speaker level with the SPL meter is easy. I understand the Pioneer does a pretty good job of it.

One thing that the Pioneer does that is a great feature is the auto EQ'ing....that is supposed to be really nice.

-curtis