PDA

View Full Version : HK 7200 with 340's l/r and 340c

curtis
04-22-2004, 03:01 AM
Johnal,

I have my HK 525 hooked up to three 340's.

I do not like the VMax modes at all. The modes that I use are stereo(no surround processing) for music, and Logic7 when watching TV. With only two speakers, I would just use plain two-channel stereo. I have watched TV in just two-channel and it is fine.

EZ-Set is a nice feature, but sometimes not veru accurate....I would just use an SPL meter. With just two speakers, it really is not necessary.

Your 7200 is set to "no" center channel...right?

-curtis

Johnal
04-22-2004, 07:04 AM
Well, I'm about 90% sure that I set it to no center channel, but the receiver automatically can tell what's hooked up and receiving a signal. If a speaker isn't hooked up then it won't light up the corresponding speaker on the display, and if there's no signal then it flashes the corresponding speaker icon. I'm pretty sure I didn't even have an option to enable the center because there wasn't one connected. When watching regular TV/TiVo, will my setup even take advantage of having a center speaker or will it just make things louder? In other words, will there be any more "decoding" in what kind of sound gets directed to the center speaker, or will it simply be like having a 3rd speaker? (God I hope I made sense)

-Johnal

curtis
04-22-2004, 07:42 AM
nope...that is not how it works. The receiver does not automatically detect a speaker.

The display lights up if it is sending a signal to that channel...regardless if there is a speaker there or not, it is driven by the processing mode you are in, and if you have a speaker configured in the menu for that location. For instance, you should never see the sub icon lit up because you do not have a sub yet and the sub setting should be none. I believe it is in the speaker setup menu(where you set the crossover)...or speaker adjustment menu(where you set the level).

From what you are describing now...I am pretty positive you have the center channel set to on, so the stuff meant for the center channel is not being redirected to the mains.

-curtis

curtis
04-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Now that I think about it...I believe VMax is only a 2-channel mode. So it shouldn't matter if you have a center or not.

That is something to check.

-curtis

frank
04-23-2004, 12:17 AM
I have a pioneer elite vsx-45tx that has something like the h/k for the speaker setup I had alot of problems with it I have talked to h/t installers they have told me to "86" that damm mic and adjust the speakers by your ears or use a spl meter