PDA

View Full Version : Cellphones

Derek
04-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Hi Curtis,

I have tmobile. It kinda sucks. It works fine around my home and work, but the coverage is spotty in between. It doesn't work at all in florida where we are building a house.

I have a moto t720i phone that sounds pretty good. The only complaint I have is the buttons sometimes don't work correctly. It is a flip phone with a color screen and an outside lcd display for time and incoming caller id. I really like these features. I think all of my phones from now on will be flip phones. To me it gives you the best of both worlds - large screen and keys, larger handset when in use, and smaller and better protected handset when not. I hate the new nokia's with the bizarre key layout.

My wife has verizon and the coverage is much better. I also had verizon before tmobile and almost never had a problem getting a signal or having calls get dropped. The only reason I switched is because verizon is an evil empire and they screwed me. Unfortunately I may have to go back when we move. Verizon also is about $10 more expensive for the same plan as tmobile.

I guess you can do that if you're a monopoly... [:(]

I would ask neighbors and co-workers what they use because they will have more experience with what works best in your area.

Derek

curtis
04-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Well....for me it was either Verizon or Nextel. I have been using Nextel, I set up all the guys that worked for me with one, and it has been working great. But due to downsizing, they were no longer practical.

I was using the Blackberry version of the Nextel. It was very nice, but I was just TOO connected...always looking at my freaking email. I had been thinking of getting a little less connected.

So I talked it over with my company CFO...and since I am the IT Manager.....I should be connected, eventhough I do not want to be. [:)].

So, I went with Verizon and the Kyocera 7135. It is a Palm OS based phone, and works great!

Lets see how I feel in a couple of weeks.

-curtis

Sigma B
04-19-2004, 02:03 PM
i personally have AT&T (though my plan is suncom before they were bought be the previous).....

I'm personally looking into Cingular, Nextel, and Verizon at the moment... I just wish carriers would get a little more aggressive with thier pricing!