PDA

View Full Version : Fit and finish of F12 SE

gchuva
04-30-2009, 09:31 PM
How nice looking are the F12 SE's in real life? Any comparisons vs the Fathoms or HSU in terms of appearance. Dealing with WAF issues. Thanks

DougMac
05-01-2009, 06:25 AM
I have not seen the sub in question. What I have seen are my Ascends and they have excellent fit and finish. My 200's where from "B" stock and many other companies would offer them as "A" stock. I had to look hard for the blems. From what I know about Dave's philosophy, I can't see him promoting anything that isn't top notch. Buy with confidence!

Doug

stevec
05-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi. I have the D15-SE.. and it is like a mirror.. a work of art really. I would think the F12-SE would have the same finish. The D15-SE is a perfect match for the Sierra-1 finish.
Have Fun!
steve

davef
05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
How nice looking are the F12 SE's in real life? Any comparisons vs the Fathoms or HSU in terms of appearance. Dealing with WAF issues. Thanks

To be perfectly honest, they are one of the nicest looking, spousal friendly subwoofers out there today. Finish quality is easily on par with the best of them :)

gchuva
05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm also looking at the Fathom. The Rythmik has great value but it's hard to keep up with Fathom style. Very, very torn.

sbeveraggi
05-07-2009, 04:04 PM
My F12SE arrived yesterday.:D
I was a little worried about the finish, but I must say it is beautiful and flawless. A perfect match for the Sierra. In fact, with the black cone, it could be called Sierra Sub.

DougMac
05-09-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm also looking at the Fathom. The Rythmik has great value but it's hard to keep up with Fathom style. Very, very torn.
By all accounts the Fathoms are exceptional subs. They are also way more expensive than Ryhthmiks.

If you could afford a Fathom, here's another possibility. From what I've read, multiple subs have some distinct advantages. I've read tests and it seems that two are better than one and four is the optimum. Nothing practical is gained with more than four. Buy two Rythmiks for the price of one Fathom. At least theoretically, it would be the better sounding setup.

Doug

vantagesc
07-06-2009, 11:25 PM

They are quite nice to me...a little better than some of the piano gloss finishes that I have seen, but not Pebble Beach concourse perfect (it is very difficult to get out all orange peel). Since this is so subjective, let me make a relative comparison...my F12SE looks great next to my Monitor Audio PL100s.

Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sherlock
02-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Speaking of finish..... is the black wood grain vinyl, or real oak?

Also, I wish we had better pictures of the matte finish. I've only seen one fairly small pic of a matte finished sub.

I'm thinking the piano finish might be too shiney for my tastes.

davef
02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Speaking of finish..... is the black wood grain vinyl, or real oak?

Also, I wish we had better pictures of the matte finish. I've only seen one fairly small pic of a matte finished sub.

I'm thinking the piano finish might be too shiney for my tastes.

All of the finishes (except piano black) are vinyl. The black matte finish is the same as our CMT-340 / CBM-170 / HTM-200.

Hope this helps!

soundseeker
03-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Quick question, what is the difference between the F12 and the F12SE?

curtis
03-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Quick question, what is the difference between the F12 and the F12SE?
Just the finish.

The SE has the black piano gloss finish.