PDA

View Full Version : happy camper

peterpollack
04-26-2009, 05:20 AM
I just wanted to express my pleasure with the D-15. I have had it for about three weeks and am still trying fine tuning just to hear the subtle differences in my room. It arrived well packaged and in perfect shape. The piano black made the wife acceptance factor easy. It is being integrated into a Joseph Audio monitor speaker system and blends in perfectly to give me the best of stand mounted monitors with their clarity and disappearing qualites and a really deep and textured bass.
While I enjoyed my former M&K 350, it did not come close to being as musical with this system to my ears. In my 18x14 room with a cathedral ceiling, one D-15 is more than ample. In the HT department the sub does a fine job. Even at modest volumes, you can feel the bass. With music it is superb. It has a very controlled low end that goes deep and has me digging out bass and percussion music to listen again. The added detail on the lower end is significant I give a high recommendation to anyone considering one, particularly if listening to music is a high priority.

davef
04-28-2009, 03:54 PM
I just wanted to express my pleasure with the D-15. I have had it for about three weeks and am still trying fine tuning just to hear the subtle differences in my room. It arrived well packaged and in perfect shape. The piano black made the wife acceptance factor easy. It is being integrated into a Joseph Audio monitor speaker system and blends in perfectly to give me the best of stand mounted monitors with their clarity and disappearing qualites and a really deep and textured bass.
While I enjoyed my former M&K 350, it did not come close to being as musical with this system to my ears. In my 18x14 room with a cathedral ceiling, one D-15 is more than ample. In the HT department the sub does a fine job. Even at modest volumes, you can feel the bass. With music it is superb. It has a very controlled low end that goes deep and has me digging out bass and percussion music to listen again. The added detail on the lower end is significant I give a high recommendation to anyone considering one, particularly if listening to music is a high priority.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing your impressions of the D-15 and I am pleased that you are enjoying it! I am *very* familiar with the MX-350 and many consider this to be an exceptionally musical sub -- I am impressed that the D-15 exceeds it, definitely not an easy accomplishment ;)