PDA

View Full Version : Public thanks to Rythmik and Ascend :)

Jonnyozero3
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Fellas,

I just wanted to publicly say "thank you" to Brian and DaveF. I recently purchased a pair of D15SE's through Ascend, and one of the amps had a broken switch from packing or shipping -- I contacted them and they sent me a replacement amp quickly, answered all my questions about swapping it out, and paid for the return shipping. It was quick and painless (except for a delivery snafu on my end that delayed things for a couple weeks....long story! Brian - on that note, I apologize it took me so long to get the amp back to you :o ).

So, I just wanted to say "Thanks." ;) It may be said very often around the forum, but the customer service 'round these parts is excellent.

Oh, and yes, the subs are flippin' amazing :D. More depth, breadth, detail and presence than I've ever known from my UFW-10s or VTF-3 HO/turbo. I liken the audible differences to the distinction in driving dynamics between a Toyota Tacoma 4wd and an Infiniti G37S. It's immediately noticeable. Note I LOVE my Tacoma, so that's still praise for my beloved UFW-10s and HO...:p

Totally different sub price ranges, but the D15SEs are one of best upgrades I've made lately. Fallout 3 can be downright nasty with these things.:)

curtis
04-16-2009, 03:37 PM
You have a Infiniti G37S?

Yeah....that's what jumped out at me from your post. :)

Jonnyozero3
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Lol, that's what stood out? Geez that's funny. Yeah I got one last summer, it's pretty much my girlfriend :)

I call it my: "Quarter Life Crisis Car"

curtis
04-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Lol, that's what stood out? Geez that's funny. Yeah I got one last summer, it's pretty much my girlfriend :)

I call it my: "Quarter Life Crisis Car"
Well...you are the second forum member and Ascend owner I know of that owns G37S! I really like it!

For Ascend customer service being great.....I am in total agreement.

Jonnyozero3
04-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Well...you are the second forum member and Ascend owner I know of that owns G37S! I really like it!

For Ascend customer service being great.....I am in total agreement.

Sweet! Who's the other owner? It's a fantastic car, I really love it. It's not fast, but quick. It's just a few hundred lbs too heavy...but, if fast was all I wanted I'd look at a C6 Vette, BMW 135i, used M3, or new 370z, etc. But I digress :)

curtis
04-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Sweet! Who's the other owner?
I don't think he would mind me mentioning it....mziegler.

Jonnyozero3
04-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Well, I think he makes very sound purchasing decisions :)

merrymaid520
04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
You have a Infiniti G37S?

Yeah....that's what jumped out at me from your post. :)

You guys crack me up.

Jonny,

excellent choices all around! I am a big Toyota fan(I drive a 2006 4runner V8 and my wife has a Lexus IS250). Plus, I have been loving my D15SE Rythmik lately too:p

I drove a Infiniti G35 coupe 6spd about 2 years ago. What a little rocket with stick! My Dad would have bought one for his place in FL but no convertible back then so he snagged a BMW 330CI convert. instead......stick too:D

Sorry to stray OT, but I am a big car guy. I took my moms LS460 to the dealer today for tires, all I can say is WOW 380HP....very fun.
I can only dream now:(

Enjoy your dual Rythmiks, thats gotta be impressive!

curtis
04-16-2009, 06:41 PM
This is too funny...I used to drive a 2005 4Runner V8....loved it except for when I went to gas station. Knowing that my son will be driving in less than 5 years, I turned it in and got a 2009 Scion xB......very happy for different reasons.

I am very happy with the Rythmik F15. :)

mziegler
04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I love my G37S--the perfect mid-life car and no, my wife isn't going anywhere without me.

I love driving through the Santa Monica mountains. My previous car was a Honda Odyssey, so it feels like an F-22 to me.

Now if Dave would design a car audio system. Ascend and Rhythmik in my car--hmmm.

Jonnyozero3
04-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Haha! I wonder if there is something to this - people attracted to the same sorts of products across different categories of goods. Makes some sense if you figure we're all attracted to say, Ascend for several similar reasons. Very cool. My Tacoma is a '99 - love it, but she's getting old. Had to keep her though; definitely needed for the snow. The G37 stays in the garage whenever the road is wet, much less salty and covered in inches of ice/snow :)

Curtis - nice job on planning ahead, lol. I like it! Too funny. With that line of thinking I'm surprised you didn't go used Ford Festiva! Then put the Rythmik in it! HA!

MerryMaid- I drove the IS350 as well; I was a big fan of that car too - they just couldn't offer a stick with the V6. But, the airconditioned seats were AMAZING. Oh boy I'd kill to have those in my G. And yeah, the duals are pretty insane...I've never actually felt sonic pressure on my ear drums while playing xbox before!

Mz- Oh man, a minivan to the G? Yikes! That had to be change. Are you on any good G forums btw? I'm signed up for a few, like myG37.com, but there are way too many kids who's parents have too much money on there... :p so I just lurk and browse once a month or so. +1 on the car audio thoughts...the **** in the car is...passable...but whenever I think about it, it makes my ears sad.

PS: Merrymaid - I have MM's service at my house btw :) If you guys want to laugh at me...I don't even own a vacuum cleaner!

DougMac
04-18-2009, 05:12 PM
I drive a 1995 Honda Civic that has 220K miles and no clearcoat left so I can afford to buy Ascends. Does that count?

merrymaid520
04-20-2009, 11:35 AM
edit............duh, Omaha as stated in your file:)

Omaha was the home of Merry Maids(where it began) Funny, this weekend I hung out with the Founder and his twin brother of Merry Maids.....we have known each other for years, great family!

Jonny,

Small world. Chances are I probably know the owner of your local Merry Maids office, if you dont mind, what city are you in by chance?

Later,

Brandon

ebh
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
any ascend MINI drivers? i have a 6-speed clubman that is really fun, though not even quick like a G37.

MichaelG
05-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I looked at the G37S and the IS350. Liked them both! I decided to go with an 08' Corvette which I am totally in love with. Of course, I bought it in Piano Black to match my Sierra's! :D

RythmikAudio
05-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Well, after getting a car with such great handling and driving dynamics, it is less fun to drive them on Freeway (with a constant speed) than a winding road that we can test full dynamics of the car. I just bought a 335i with sports package for my wife so that I can get a chance to drive it once in a while. She loves the dynamics of the car too. I calculate it costs about 40 to 50 cents per mile with gas and depreciation. I hate to burn that on the Freeway :D It is analogous to "let us enjoy the music, not the sine test tone signals".

Jonnyozero3
05-03-2009, 09:12 AM
edit............duh, Omaha as stated in your file:)

Omaha was the home of Merry Maids(where it began) Funny, this weekend I hung out with the Founder and his twin brother of Merry Maids.....we have known each other for years, great family!

Jonny,

Small world. Chances are I probably know the owner of your local Merry Maids office, if you dont mind, what city are you in by chance?

Later,

Brandon

Brandon, that's pretty cool! Sent you a PM :)

Jonnyozero3
05-03-2009, 09:21 AM
any ascend MINI drivers? i have a 6-speed clubman that is really fun, though not even quick like a G37.

I haven't driven a MINI yet, but I saw some tearing up the corners at a track not too far from here and was nothing but impressed. Those little cars can hustle!

I looked at the G37S and the IS350. Liked them both! I decided to go with an 08' Corvette which I am totally in love with. Of course, I bought it in Piano Black to match my Sierra's! :D

Oh heck yeah - I love the C6 Vette! There's nothing like the sound of that V8. Mmmm. Black huh? It's definitely the best looking color on the road, when it's clean, hehe (my first vehicle out of college was black). Are you much into detailing? Check out www.autopia.org - it's a great resource.

Well, after getting a car with such great handling and driving dynamics, it is less fun to drive them on Freeway (with a constant speed) than a winding road that we can test full dynamics of the car. I just bought a 335i with sports package for my wife so that I can get a chance to drive it once in a while. She loves the dynamics of the car too. I calculate it costs about 40 to 50 cents per mile with gas and depreciation. I hate to burn that on the Freeway :D It is analogous to "let us enjoy the music, not the sine test tone signals".

Ahhh yes, I am also a fan of the 335i (scary thing for an Infiniti owner to say, right?). I am still amazed that they are able to get that much power down low out of that engine...I mean, 300 ft lbs of torque at 1500 RPM...oh it's so intoxicating! I almost bought a 135i, but couldn't find one in the price range I was looking :(

Have you thought about taking your car to a road-course track after you get it broken in? Sounds like something you might enjoy :) I'm actually taking
mine to a track-driver's course later this month.

RythmikAudio
05-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Have you thought about taking your car to a road-course track after you get it broken in? Sounds like something you might enjoy :) I'm actually taking
mine to a track-driver's course later this month.

I still baby this car. I encourage my wife to drive our old 96 Maxima when it rains. So I will do my track-driver course when I baby the car less. My ex co-worker actually did that with his Integra type-R about 4-5 years ago. He learnt a lot from it.

MichaelG
05-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh heck yeah - I love the C6 Vette! There's nothing like the sound of that V8. Mmmm. Black huh? It's definitely the best looking color on the road, when it's clean, hehe (my first vehicle out of college was black). Are you much into detailing? Check out www.autopia.org - it's a great resource.

LOL Its my daily driver so detailing is constant with black! I am an expert with a dustbuster and detailing spray. Thanks for the great link!