PDA

View Full Version : cbm-170

Sigma B
04-02-2004, 12:25 AM
it has always been my understanding that the surrounds needed to be above ear level - dolby suggests 2 - 3 feet. Dave might suggest something different.

I'm personally going to buy ceiling mounts from omni and mount mine that way, just because my room is kinda screwy...

Mag_Neato
04-02-2004, 04:12 AM
That's above ear level while seated! I have my surrounds on home made oak stands, suspended off the front of the uprights via the round head of a wood screw out of the top cross-member into a keyslot bracket I attached to the back of the speakers. The top of the speakers are approx.
5 1/2ft. from the floor. It's basically like attaching them to the wall with a keyslot bracket, with the stands as the walls! My wife did not want anything directly on the walls.

MAG

frank
04-02-2004, 11:27 PM
for the rear's do you place them behind your sofa? or on the side of you end table? next to the sofa/seating area? I my room where I have everthing it's a very large room with alot of space 20x20 or so

Mag_Neato
04-04-2004, 12:49 PM
I have them directly to the sides of the main listening position at either side of the loveseat, pointing at each other across the room. since the loveseat is off-center to the right, I compensated by using the Radio Shack SPL(analog)meter to balance the sound.

MAG