PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow Ascenders

cklim55
03-29-2009, 07:52 AM
I just received and hooked up my 170 mains and 340 center this past Friday and I am ecstatic. I've been watching several bluray movies and it sounds good. In fact we were watching I am Legend and there is a scene in the beginning where Will Smith is stalking a deer and a lion leaps from the left and gets the deer. The sound of the lion roaring from the left main freaked my dogs out. They both jumped up and started barking. LOL Later we watched Pineapple Express on DTS and the sounds and voices were like everything was in a cave. I think it was the dts because when I switched it to multichannel HD MA it sounded much better. I think I read that these speakers will sound even better after breaking in a little bit, correct? This may have been brought up before but has Ascend thought about selling baseball caps or T-shirts with the Ascend logo? I'd buy one.:)

jvillas
03-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi cklim55, and welcome to our community. Folks here are the best, and most helpful. I see that right out of the box your Ascends are bringing you excellent results, and satisfaction. I am uncertain as to how much break-in time may be needed with your Asends, but I'm sure another member will give you the answer.

Your suggestion about baseball caps, and t-shirts I think is a great one. I'd buy one too.

davef
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I just received and hooked up my 170 mains and 340 center this past Friday and I am ecstatic. I've been watching several bluray movies and it sounds good. In fact we were watching I am Legend and there is a scene in the beginning where Will Smith is stalking a deer and a lion leaps from the left and gets the deer. The sound of the lion roaring from the left main freaked my dogs out. They both jumped up and started barking. LOL Later we watched Pineapple Express on DTS and the sounds and voices were like everything was in a cave. I think it was the dts because when I switched it to multichannel HD MA it sounded much better. I think I read that these speakers will sound even better after breaking in a little bit, correct? This may have been brought up before but has Ascend thought about selling baseball caps or T-shirts with the Ascend logo? I'd buy one.:)

Hi cklim55,

Welcome!!! I am very pleased that you are enjoying the speakers :) BTW, we actually do have embroidered baseball caps with the Ascend Logo. Give us a call if you are interested -- they are high quality and I wear mine all the time.

Enjoy!!!

cklim55
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi cklim55,

Welcome!!! I am very pleased that you are enjoying the speakers :) BTW, we actually do have embroidered baseball caps with the Ascend Logo. Give us a call if you are interested -- they are high quality and I wear mine all the time.

Enjoy!!!

Dave, I am definitely interested. I'll call this week and order one. Thanks for responding to my thread.

davef
04-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Dave, I am definitely interested. I'll call this week and order one. Thanks for responding to my thread.

You are most welcome and enjoy the baseball cap!