PDA

View Full Version : Non SE 12" Rythmicks

mendicitis
03-22-2009, 08:40 AM
I have a couple of questions about the non SE 12" Rythmiks:
1. What is the difference between the F12, G and SE (there is no easy comparison chart on the website, which would help immensely)?
2. Most importantly, how do they compare in SQ?
3. Does the PEQ amp really make a big difference if I the sub can only be placed in one location?

Thanks!

curtis
03-22-2009, 08:53 AM
The SE Rythmiks have the gloss finish. The G uses a different driver.

The PEQ can very much make a difference. It can take down a peak in the FR no matter where the sub is placed.

mendicitis
03-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Have you heard the gresearch sub, and how does it compare in SQ?

curtis
03-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Have you heard the gresearch sub, and how does it compare in SQ?
Nope...have not heard it.

davef
03-24-2009, 01:08 AM
I have a couple of questions about the non SE 12" Rythmiks:
1. What is the difference between the F12, G and SE (there is no easy comparison chart on the website, which would help immensely)?
3. Does the PEQ amp really make a big difference if I the sub can only be placed in one location?

Hi Mendicitis,

Happy to answer you questions!

What is the difference between the F12, G and SE
There is no difference between the F12 and F12 SE other than the finish. The F12 SE is a piano black finish. I know the model number designation is confusing -- I am working on changing this. The F12 G uses a different woofer, one that was not designed by the engineer behind the subwoofer. It is a lower cost option that I believe is being phased out.

F12 and F12SE are identical -- I have not heard the F12G.

Absolutely, and even more so since you only have one location for the subwoofer. Your location might be subject to various response problems and the solution to this is to either find a better location for the sub or use a PEQ to compensate for the response problems... Since you have only one possible location, the PEQ is absolutely recommended.

mendicitis
03-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi Mendicitis,

Happy to answer you questions!

There is no difference between the F12 and F12 SE other than the finish. The F12 SE is a piano black finish. I know the model number designation is confusing -- I am working on changing this. The F12 G uses a different woofer, one that was not designed by the engineer behind the subwoofer. It is a lower cost option that I believe is being phased out.

F12 and F12SE are identical -- I have not heard the F12G.

Absolutely, and even more so since you only have one location for the subwoofer. Your location might be subject to various response problems and the solution to this is to either find a better location for the sub or use a PEQ to compensate for the response problems... Since you have only one possible location, the PEQ is absolutely recommended.

Thanks Dave and Curtis for answering my questions! The next time you hear from me might be when I save enough pennies for the F12. By then, maybe the bamboo version will be a reality :-).