PDA

View Full Version : In search of the perfect sub...

Spock
02-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Greetings friends,
Newbie here so please pardon my ignorance.
While I don't currently own any products by Ascend Acoustics, my quest for the perfect sub has brought me to this place while researching Rythmik Audio subs.

My current setup is as follows:
-Sony Bravia KDL-32XBR6 (32" LCD 1080P)-I know 32 inches is not very big, but my "man cave" is only 11'x13'.
-harmon/kardon avr354
-Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray player (ps3 on the way)
-160GB Apple TV
-digital cable feed

My speakers are from av123 here's a couple quick pics (excuse the poor resolution of my iPhone photos,I was in a hurry to post):
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/markdail/IMG_0478.jpg
I have two more of the towers pictured for my rears, and two of these on the side:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/markdail/IMG_0375.jpg
I need a sub to complete my 7.1 system, while I would've liked to have purchased from av123 to keep things uniform and balanced, I'm not sure what's going on over at av123 these days, and I'm reluctant to send anymore of my business their way until things settle. I like what I've read and seen about Rythmik Audio subs thus far, however I'm just not sure and I'm hesitant (paranoid), about mixing things up by using different manufacturers.
What do you gents think am I crazy or should I just go ahead and buy that DSE15 I've been drooling over? I'm open to suggestions/advice from you fine folks.
The basic specs. on my system are:
-harmon/kardon AVR354-75 watts x 7, per channel at full power 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, <0.07% THD, 525 watts total.
-x-mtm encore towers (front and rear channels) frequency response = 40Hz-20KHz, +/-3db
-x-cs encore (center channel) 65Hz-20KHz, +/-3db
-x-ls encore (side channels) 55Hz-20KHz, +/-3db
Please help I need a sub!!!!!
Respectfully,
Spock

Gov
02-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Get the Rythmik if you like it. Any manufactures sub will intergrade into whatever system as long as it is properly set-up, and you like the way they sound together. I am certain the Rythmik will get along perfectly with AV123 speakers

milkfat
02-19-2009, 11:37 PM
If you're drooling over the Rythmik then go for it! I did and I couldn't be happier (unless I bought another).

Don't be paranoid about mixing manufacturers. Notice Rythmik doesn't offer full range speakers... the idea is that their subwoofer (indeed any subwoofer) will be capable of blending with any full range speaker.

That thing will thunder in your tiny man-cave!

DougMac
02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Greetings friends,
I'm not sure what's going on over at av123 these days

First, welcome to the forum!

I don't know, nor do I want to know what makes you reluctant to buy from av123 right now. I hope they resolve whatever problems they may be having.

I'm responding to assure you of a good experience dealing with Ascend Acoustics. They were very helpful when I made my purchase. The level of customer service they provide is in line with the excellent quality of the products they offer.

When I set up my system, Ascend did not offer subs. I bought one from SVS and it integrates just fine with my Ascends. I'm sure a Rhythmik will do the same with your main speakers.

Doug

scape
02-20-2009, 11:24 AM
ever since they froze the forum over there (av123) I've too been a bit skeptical, but I have to say that it has only been great things said about them-- so I don't think there is too much to worry about. however, with that aside, many subs will integrate well-- and the higher quality sub the much easier it will integrate with linearity. I ironically stumbled onto rythmik much earlier than the union between ascend and rythmik, which makes me think how great of a product I was probably looking at to begin with (rythmik) as my ascends are fantastic and impress me each time. I don't think you can go wrong with a rythmik, the technology is simply way more advanced than many subs in it's pricerange, and I think you'd be getting an impressive deal for what it's worth. skim around here, and you'll see a review or two, and they are very positive sounding.

merrymaid520
02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Spock,

I concurr. I have had my D-15SE for a few months now and love how it blends with my sierras especially since its been EQ'ed with a Behringer FD.

The Rythmik producess extremely musical/accurate bass much more so than the other SVS's I have owned in the past. Its hard to explain until you have heard one....I credit this to the servo design.

Keep an eye on this thread, my Rythmik will be part of the GTG as well as some other highly regarded designs.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1111483

Good luck,
Brandon

Spock
02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Thank you folks for your kind and insightful posts, and for the warm welcome.
I think that there's a D-15SE (piano black) in my near future.:D
My new problem is that now having discovered Ascend Acoustics, and asking some of my friends "in the know", I'm in LOVE with the Sierra-1.
Maybe I need to make that order a package deal.
Stay tuned I've found a new home...
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i270/markdail/luten1.gif