PDA

View Full Version : question on placement.

indulger
02-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I have been waiting to pull the trigger on purchasing the sierras but I have a question on placement.

1. Plasma is on it's stand mounted on the fireplace mantle 6 inches from the wall
2. The fireplace/wall sticks out 8 inches from the cabinets and shelving located on each side of the fireplace.

Does it sound feasible to mount one of those VMP-300 dble arm TV Mounts to each side of the fire place on the 8 inch part of the wall, level with the mantle and turn it 90 degrees and set the front L/R speakers on them thus hiding the brackets. I would also be able to extend them forward and/or out with the dble arm movement of the bracket. Sierras would appear to be floating on the sides.

would this have an adverse affect since they would not be on stands?:confused:

Licking my chops because wife is leting me have the state tax return this year!!!!

davef
02-19-2009, 01:52 AM
Hi indulger and welcome to our forum!

Does it sound feasible to mount one of those VMP-300 dble arm TV Mounts to each side of the fire place on the 8 inch part of the wall, level with the mantle and turn it 90 degrees and set the front L/R speakers on them thus hiding the brackets. I would also be able to etend them forward and/or out with the dble arm movement of the bracket. Sierras would appear to be floating on the sides.

This is an excellent idea and I think it shoud work well and look great. I am fan of using TV mounts for speakers -- very flexible with regard to different placement options.

would this have an adverse affect since they would not be on stands?:confused:

Nope --- this will perform well and there will plenty of space around the speakers.

Licking my chops because wife is leting me have the state tax return this year!!!!

Lucky you :p Here in California, us tax payers will be getting IOU's for our tax refunds :mad: