PDA

View Full Version : We need Rythmik reviews!

robruffo
01-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Or at least links to reviews - I cannot find any...

Some of you must have bought these puppies, so what do you think?

How do they compare to other subs?

Is the 12' loud enough?

curtis
01-15-2009, 08:39 AM
there are some thoughts scattered here and AVS. As for the 12" being loud enough...it depends on how loud you listen to your material, room size, and the position of the subwoofer in relation to the listener.

robruffo
01-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Where are these reviews?... If anyone has links...

As to volume - around reference (so sounding same volume as a live classical concert) in a room that ends up being about medium in how it performs.

I am running a 150Watt SW-150 (Wharfedale) with a bottom port, and it is loud enough (sub amp turned up only half-way for exact integration with my Sierras).

Do I need more juice for HT peeks? Is that what maybe I could hope to achieve with a "15 rather than 12'? Will the sealed 12' be as loud as my ported 150? (It has a '10 driver).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

tm3
01-15-2009, 12:18 PM
robruffo i'm told that in the DIY subwoofer section of AVS forums there is a lot of info about the Rhythmiks. i have not checked there myself yet.

i have not been able to find any formal reviews.

tm3
01-17-2009, 07:12 AM
i came across this

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-audio-subwoofers/6656-subwoofer-tests-fall-2007-a.html

there is a Rhythmik in there so maybe the info is useful.

i don't understand how to interpret the results, however.

Mike^S
01-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Reference level is very loud (115dB peaks for the sub). Very few subwoofers can reach reference level unless you use multiples. Your Wharfedale is almost certainly not hitting anywhere close to reference. According to Cnet it's only spec'd to reach 35hz. That's not true subwoofer territory.

The Rythmiks play down to around 14-15hz and will do it with much higher quality than the Wharfedale. I've never listened to that particular model but I did own a different 10" ported Wharfedale sub for a short time and I was not impressed with it. The 15" Rythmik has about 3-4dB higher output than the 12" so you might want to go with that.