PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Central NY

bstrignano
01-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Hello All,

I'm putting together my first serious home audio system, after too many years of making due with almost nothing, and last night I made a Sierra-1 LCR, 170 surround system my first purchase. I'm pretty much starting from scratch so I gave myself a 2k budget and spent the last 6 months doing as much reading and listening as I could. Although I may have gone a little over budget on the speakers, good-bye sub .... for now =) , I'm sure i wont regret it.

I'm still trying to choose the right electronics to pair with these, but I will formally post that question in the electronics forum.

Goodbye for now
Brent

curtis
01-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Greetings Brent!

Plenty of people on the forum to help spend your money....just give us a chance! :)

Most importantly, have fun with it all.

debo
01-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Welcome Brent,

Rest assured you didn't go over budget on the speakers. They sound a ton better than what you spent!

davef
01-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi Brent,

Welcome to our forum! Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Take care!

bstrignano
01-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi guys,

I wasnt worried that I spent too much for them, I know thier sound far exceeds thier cost, just that I spent about 75% of my budget on them. But no worries, I just got a great deal on an Onkyo 806 so that's made up for it. I was all ready to purchase a Denon, but when I came across this deal I couldn't say no.

Brent