PDA

View Full Version : Loving my 5.1 340SE set up

dds01us
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I recently completed rounding out my system with two 340SE towers for rear surrounds. My taste runs about 90% music and these speakers sound GREAT!!! When you consider value versus sound it would be hard to imagine a better product. And so you know my audiophile bug bit me 35 years ago. Back when stereo was our only option and separate components the milestone. Over the years I was fortunate enough to build a decent set up like that. With a Carver TFM-25 amp, a Carver C-16 pre-amp and Mirage M-5si speakers. Since going to surround sound this is the best it's been since. Maybe even better. That includes my changing out a mid level Infinty speakers system and augmenting the original Mirage M5-si's. Our television / listening room is a very difficult set up acoustically. But these speakers fill it up with beautiful sound even at low volumes. Which to me low volume is the true test of a speakers range and tonal quality. All I can say in ending is please let me enjoy what I have. Before I'm so overwhelmed by the Sierra 1 comments that the upgrade bug hits me again. They must be awesome too!!! Thank You Mr. Fabrikant... And Good Sound To You Sir.... BTW Onkyo TX-SR701 with a HSU VTF 1 subwoofer and when used an Infinity Beta C250 for the rear surround.

davef
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I recently completed rounding out my system with two 340SE towers for rear surrounds. My taste runs about 90% music and these speakers sound GREAT!!! When you consider value versus sound it would be hard to imagine a better product. And so you know my audiophile bug bit me 35 years ago. Back when stereo was our only option and separate components the milestone. Over the years I was fortunate enough to build a decent set up like that. With a Carver TFM-25 amp, a Carver C-16 pre-amp and Mirage M-5si speakers. Since going to surround sound this is the best it's been since. Maybe even better. That includes my changing out a mid level Infinty speakers system and augmenting the original Mirage M5-si's. Our television / listening room is a very difficult set up acoustically. But these speakers fill it up with beautiful sound even at low volumes. Which to me low volume is the true test of a speakers range and tonal quality. All I can say in ending is please let me enjoy what I have. Before I'm so overwhelmed by the Sierra 1 comments that the upgrade bug hits me again. They must be awesome too!!! Thank You Mr. Fabrikant... And Good Sound To You Sir.... BTW Onkyo TX-SR701 with a HSU VTF 1 subwoofer and when used an Infinity Beta C250 for the rear surround.

Hi dds01us,

Thanks for posting your wonderful review and I am pleased that you are enjoying our 340 SE!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance.

Take care!