PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started.....

Gardog
12-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I will get my new pair of 340SE's next Monday. I bought them on the holiday sale (thanks Dave). Also purchased the stands and 8' of cable.

I will be running them with a 1993 Nak AV1 receiver. Mostly for music - for now.

Attached is a pic of my room - about 15' x 20'. Any suggestions for placement relative to the walls/corners?

Also, I am sure I will want a sub sooner rather than later. So I have been reading this board and reviews for the Hsu VTF-1 and small Outlaw as well. Any comments on how either will match up with the 340's for rock, jazz and blues?

Thanks

DougMac
12-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum Gardog!

Thanks for supplying the photo. If you plan to use your new speakers at all for TV watching, I don't see any alternative layout in your room. Where is your receiver now? Is it under the TV? Your room is not over furnished, I imagine the 340's will sound pretty bright.

I don't have any personal experience with either sub you mentioned, although the small Outlaw has gotten good reviews. Unless you want to play extremely loud, it would probably suffice in the pictured space.

Doug

Gardog
12-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks Doug. My receiver was being stored in the built in you see in the pic. I took it out this morning just to make sure it still works as I haven't had it hooked up since we moved into this house 3 years ago. It doesn't. So now I have another conundrum. Have the Nak repaired or replace just replace it.

It powers up, but can't get any sound through it to the older Advents I have let my son use. I get faint sound, but nothing more. I'm real disappointed as the unit had very good sound quality.

As far as the brightness of the 340's goes, any suggestions for the room?